Old 04-29-2008, 10:47 AM
Antonio Broughton

Default JBoss packages

Hi,

I am interested in providing more JBoss packages for Ubuntu.

I have found there are some "library" packages, however, this does not
offer a complete JBoss (AS?) package.

I have started a wiki page at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JBoss if anyone
would like to add things to it / tell me who best to talk to about
implementing this better.

Thanks
Antonio Broughton

Old 04-29-2008, 05:42 PM
Michael Bienia

On 2008-04-29 22:47:53 +1200, Antonio Broughton wrote:
Hi,

> I am interested in providing more JBoss packages for Ubuntu.
>
> I have found there are some "library" packages, however, this does not
> offer a complete JBoss (AS?) package.
>
> I have started a wiki page at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JBoss if anyone
> would like to add things to it / tell me who best to talk to about
> implementing this better.

There is a jbossas4 (source) package in the multiverse repository, but
there are no binary packages for it as it has a circular
build-dependency which prevents it from building.
It needs some help from a buildd admin to get it build (or a fix for the
circular build-dependency). It's know as bug #184557
(https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/jbossas4/+bug/184557).

But as I don't know JBoss(AS), I don't know if it's the package you are
looking for.

Regards
Michael

Old 08-31-2011, 12:08 PM
Cédric Girard

There is 5 different packages on AUR:
jboss-web [1] : version 2.1.9
jboss [2] : version 5.1.0
jboss4 [3] : version 4.2.3
jboss6 [4] : version 6.0.0
jboss7 [5] : version 7.0.1

While I may understand the need for older versions in some case (is there?),
the naming scheme make little sense to me. Why jboss [2] is not the latest
version (ie 7) ? jboss-web [1] does not seems right either.

What do you think ?

Cédric Girard