Old 04-17-2008, 07:14 PM
"Marcelo Boveto Shima"

Default NX 3.2.0 packages

Hello,

Is there a possibility that FreeNX + NX packages to get accepted into universe?

The packages are on my ppa:
https://launchpad.net/~marceloshima/+archive

Pros and Cons:
- NX is a fork of Xorg 6.9.
** It's duplicate source code.

- There is no security problem because only 3 libs (libX11, libXext and libXrender)
* * are shipped on the package and they can have the security patches ported from dapper.

*** I remember it was a problem because NX was a fork of XFree86.

- This libs can be renamed to libXXX-nx. So will not conflict with the Xorg ones.

- libXcomp, NXProxy and qtnx (NX client) are already in. We need the server to make the

*** client useful.

- Freenx is shell scripts. But we have Freenx-NG that is python.
*** This was another problem when it was proposed to get in some years ago.

Regards
Marcelo Shima

Old 04-20-2008, 05:44 PM
Nicolas Valcarcel

Hi,
On Thu, 2008-04-17 at 16:14 -0300, Marcelo Boveto Shima wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there a possibility that FreeNX + NX packages to get accepted into
> universe?

Yes, your goal must be Ibex, since we are long past FF. You should
upload it to REVU:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU/Packages/REVU

--
aka nxvl
Key fingerprint = BCE4 27A0 D03E 55DE DA2D BE06 891D 8DEE 6545 97FE

Old 07-31-2008, 01:26 PM
"Marcelo Boveto Shima"

I just uploaded.

Lots have been done in the packages.

*- A team was created with some guys that were working on it.
*** https://launchpad.net/~freenx-team

*- The packaging is hosted at bzr.
*- PPA repository was created.

Can someone take a look at nx and nxcompshad that is in revu?

Thanks
Shima