Old 08-17-2012, 05:02 AM
John Kim

Default To fix a typo.

Hello,

I'm a new contributor to motu, ready to fix a typo in a package.

There is a typo error in the package libpurple0
Notice that suggests has 8.5, though the "suggested for increased functionality" has 8.4. I want to fix this typo.

Using BugFixingInitiatives as my guide, I see two ways to tackle this.*
Fix the typo within the terminal.* What was the tool that allows text editing directly within the terminal."Edit the control file" - The control file from the latest Pidgin package shows this for libpurple0.* The two files are different.* What and how should I edit?

Thanks very much. Some guidance will be very much appreciated.

--
John KimUbuntu enthusiastlookjohn.com*