Old 08-17-2012, 04:35 AM
John Kim

Default OUT-OF-DATE Packaging branch status.

It so happens that when I pull pidgin from bzr, the packaging branch status is OUT-OF-DATE.* This also applies to many other packages I pull from online.

Is there something wrong with this?* Bzr seems to not have caught up with the recent Ubuntu version in many packages.*

--
John KimUbuntu enthusiastlookjohn.com*

Old 08-17-2012, 09:15 AM
Iain Lane

Hi there,

On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 09:35:55PM -0700, John Kim wrote:
> It so happens that when I pull pidgin from bzr, the packaging branch status
> is OUT-OF-DATE. This also applies to many other packages I pull from
> online.
>
> Is there something wrong with this? Bzr seems to not have caught up with
> the recent Ubuntu version in many packages.

Unfortunately the importer isn't able to handle all packages yet:

http://package-import.ubuntu.com/status/

Which means that UDD isn't useful for these. You can still work with the
source package in the archive, but you'll find that the steps in the
packaging guide on developer.ubuntu.com tend to be geared towards UDD
and bzr. Come by #ubuntu-motu on freenode IRC if you have any questions
and we'll help you out.

Cheers,

--
Iain Lane [ iain@orangesquash.org.uk ]