Meeting Minutes 2012-08-09
here's what we discussed in the MOTU meeting yesterday.
Killing off sqlite 2 (src:sqlite)
- Micah Gersten brought up the topic and mentioned that it was
something he wanted to do for precise, but ran out of time, he has
repeatedly requested for the removal from Debian without success, so
he figured we can push things forward by JFDI in Ubuntu and pushing
- He describes the work as: sometimes it's a flag, there might be a
little porting work, but that he'd be fine with dropping anything
that requires porting until it's done upstream (I would venture that
most upstreams probably have already done this, it might not be
packaged yet though).
- The packages involved are http://paste.ubuntu.com/1138024/ and
around 10 python-sqlite rdeps.
- Dmitrijs Ledkovs said he'd look into setting up a tracker.(?)
- Daniel Holbach wanted to work with Micah to get something up on
Review of https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuDevelopment/BugFixingInitiative
- Dmitrijs Ledkovs asked if the boost1.50 transition was suitable
target for Q, and Scott Kitterman replied that it'd be something
being looked into for R.
- Micah Gersten wants to invited every MOTU (or everyone with the
sufficient upload rights) to help with
- Also he mentioned that it'd be good for everyont to help fix Debian
RC bugs so wheezy can release.
- Daniel Holbach agreed to have a look over the Bug fixing initiative
again to remove stale content and update it to blog about it.
Update from Developer Advisory Team
- Daniel Holbach had little to report as he just came back from
holidays, but he's happy to report that we have a bunch of new
contributors in quantal already who the DAT is reaching out to.
- Also did he mention that the DAT is still looking for new
contributors, so if you're interested in the social aspects of
Ubuntu Development just ping him.
- Micah also brought up a reminder that backports is a great way to
get newer software into old releases without having to fiddle with
PPAs, get the version you want into the dev release and run the
requestbackport script from ubuntu-dev-tools (12.04+), the script
will let you know what testing needs to be done.
- Iain Lane brought up the Plus One Maintenance team who tend to come
up with little projects to get done. He said that it'd be great if
those small projects were shared more publicly as "this is what
we're going to work on this week".
Next meeting: Thursday, August 23th 2012, 16:00 UTC.
Have a great day,
Get involved in Ubuntu development! developer.ubuntu.com/packaging
And follow @ubuntudev on identi.ca/twitter.com/facebook.com/gplus.to
Ubuntu-motu mailing list
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-motu
|All times are GMT. The time now is 05:35 AM.|
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.