-   -   Outdated Package (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-masters-universe/672456-outdated-package.html)

"Javier P.L." 05-29-2012 11:52 PM

Outdated Package

Anyway AFAIK, it wont be able to do it directly to precise, if it gets
updated you'll need to request a backport [1] and enable the backport
repository in your system.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuBackports

On 05/29/2012 04:36 PM, Julian Taylor wrote:

On 05/29/2012 09:15 PM, Sam Rastin wrote:

Dear Ubuntu MOTU Developers,

I'm a web developer using Ubuntu 12.04. I recently started using
php-codesniffer however very quickly I realized the version in the
Universe repository is the stable version from mid-2008. The latest
stable release is available starting about 2 weeks ago. Is there anyway
to update the package in the repository?

I'd appreciate any response and guidance. Thanks in advance.

-Sam

there is a very recent thread on debian-devel about this package:

maybe we get an updated package very soon.

Sam Rastin 05-30-2012 01:36 AM

Outdated Package

Thank you for your prompt response. I greatly appreciate it. I hope there is a*consensus*soon and an appropriate action is taken.
* -Sam

"Kroq-gar78" 05-30-2012 08:17 PM

Outdated Package

Should a bug be filed and tagged with "upgrade-softwar-version" on LaunchPad?

Sincerely,
kroq-gar78