Old 05-04-2012, 10:52 AM
"Rafal Powierski"

Default dfu-programmer 0.5.4 v.s. 0.5.1

Dear Package Maintainer (Team)

there is a problem with dfu-programmer for "precise"
rafal@rafal-desktop:~$ uname -a
Linux rafal-desktop 3.2.0-24-generic #37-Ubuntu SMP Wed Apr 25 08:43:22 UTC
2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

rafal@rafal-desktop:~$ dfu-programmer atmega32u4 version
dfu-programmer 0.5.4
rafal@rafal-desktop:~$ sudo dfu-programmer atmega32u4 erase
rafal@rafal-desktop:~$ sudo dfu-programmer atmega32u4 flash cdc.a90
Error while flashing.

***it is not working
***but the package from ubuntu 11.10 is working...

Removing dfu-programmer ...

Unpacking dfu-programmer (from dfu-programmer_0.5.1-1_amd64.deb) ...
Setting up dfu-programmer (0.5.1-1) ...

rafal@rafal-desktop:~$ dfu-programmer atmega32u4 version
dfu-programmer 0.5.1
rafal@rafal-desktop:~$ sudo dfu-programmer atmega32u4 erase
rafal@rafal-desktop:~$ sudo dfu-programmer atmega32u4 flash cdc.a90
Validating...
4618 bytes used (14.09%)

Best Regards,
Rafal

Old 05-04-2012, 12:57 PM
Alessandro Menti

Hello Rafal,
thanks for your report.

As this list is meant only for discussion and not for bug reporting, I
suggest you file a bug at Launchpad (see [1]), so we will be able to
keep track of it and forward your report to the creator of
dfu-programmer if we're able to reproduce it.

(In the meantime, I have looked at the bug tracker for dfu-programmer
and have found a similar problem occurring with another chip - [2],
perhaps something like that is occurring in your case as well.)

Thanks,
Alessandro Menti

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/dfu-programmer/+filebug
[2]
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3409559&group_id=147246&atid=7677 83
--
A neutron walks into a bar and asks how much for a drink.
The bartender replies "for you, no charge".