-   -   libgtest (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-masters-universe/662245-libgtest.html)

Marco Scaloni 05-02-2012 01:35 PM

libgtest

Hello,
I've just installed libgtest-dev package on Ubuntu 12.04, but it dows not contains shared object, but only header files. Is this a bug?Where can I find libgtest.so ?

Thanks in advanceMarco Scaloniwww.informaetica.it

Julian Taylor 05-02-2012 05:25 PM

libgtest

On 05/02/2012 03:35 PM, Marco Scaloni wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've just installed libgtest-dev package on Ubuntu 12.04, but it dows
> not contains shared object, but only header files. Is this a bug?
> Where can I find libgtest.so ?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Marco Scaloni

Upstream does not recommend building a shared library but to instead
built it yourself from the headers.
See NEWS.Debian:
http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=collab-maint/gtest.git;a=blob;f=debian/NEWS.Debian;h=6bb37ccba5af9ebf22163f627ba717604e67 2cac;hb=HEAD