-   -   Unseeded universe needs *you* (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-masters-universe/658740-unseeded-universe-needs-you.html)

Iain Lane 04-23-2012 09:37 AM

Unseeded universe needs *you*

Greetings,

With the seeded world pretty much finalised for release, you might be
finding yourself with copious amounts of free time. Instead of twiddling
your thumbs, how about helping out the (unseeded*) universe? We have
just over a day until the Unseeded Universe Final Freeze, which happens
tomorrow (24/04/12).

You might like to

Fix / triage RC bugs that were reported in Debian but aren't known to be
fixed in Ubuntu yet.

http://qa.ubuntuwire.com/bugs/rcbugs/

Fix FTBFS discovered by the recent archive rebuild. If these can be
fixed by syncing in new revisions from Debian that include new features
then the release team are usually willing to accommodate.

http://people.ubuntuwire.org/~wgrant/rebuild-ftbfs-test/test-rebuild-20120328-precise.html

Review the sponsorship list for things which we should squeeze into
Universe for the release.

http://reports.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/sponsoring/

I'll try and make myself available for sponsorship and release questions
in #ubuntu-motu over the course of today and tomorrow. I hope others
will join me.

YEAH.

Cheers,

--
Iain Lane [ iain@orangesquash.org.uk ]
Debian Developer [ laney@debian.org ]

* use seeded-in-ubuntu from ubuntu-dev-tools to help you make this
determination

Colin Watson 04-26-2012 11:08 AM

On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 10:37:03AM +0100, Iain Lane wrote:
> Fix FTBFS discovered by the recent archive rebuild. If these can be
> fixed by syncing in new revisions from Debian that include new features
> then the release team are usually willing to accommodate.
>
> http://people.ubuntuwire.org/~wgrant/rebuild-ftbfs-test/test-rebuild-20120328-precise.html

I'd just like to say that this is the first release in recent memory
where we've managed to ship with *zero* out-of-date binaries on any
architecture in any component, due to aggressively fixing relevant
build failures and removal of a number of outdated binaries where they
were no longer supported on certain architectures or fixing their builds
wasn't realistic. This should make it easier to support the stable
release, and is generally lots tidier. Thanks to everyone who helped
with this!

I hope that this can be something the +1 maintenance team can keep at
zero on an ongoing basis, now that the backlog has been cleared.

--
Colin Watson [cjwatson@ubuntu.com]