Old 05-21-2012, 01:40 PM
Daniel Holbach

Default What do you want MOTU to be in Q, R and S?

Hello everybody,

On 19.04.2012 16:44, Daniel Holbach wrote:
> with only a week to go until 12.04 is released, it might be a good time
> to think about what MOTU is to you and what you feel it should be in the
> next few releases.
>
> This team has been existing for as long as Ubuntu has been around and
> one thing we've been doing since the early days is: being there for new
> contributors and bringing them into the fold. In my mind this is (among
> many others of course) the most important thing MOTU has contributed to
> Ubuntu.
>
> Not limited to my personal assessment above, I'd still like to hear from
> you (no matter if you're a MOTU old-timer or a new contributor) is what
> do you feel we do well and what do you feel we should change?
>
> The feedback should be a good preparation for a MOTU session at UDS.
>
> I'm looking forward to your answers and thanks a lot for your great work
> on the team!

at UDS we had two great meetings and many of your participated remotely
as well. It was very encouraging to see that many of you were passionate
about MOTU and had ideas to bring back energy to the team. Thanks
everyone for that!

If you have a look at

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/other-q-motu-bof

you can see some of the ideas which were discussed and work items which
were agreed on this cycle.

First of all we are going to have regular meetings again, in which we
should be able to hash out more specific plans. See the separate
announcement for more details on the meetings.

Have a great day,
Daniel

--
Get involved in Ubuntu development! developer.ubuntu.com/packaging
And follow @ubuntudev on identi.ca/twitter.com/facebook.com/gplus.to