Old 11-27-2007, 02:54 PM
Daniel Holbach

Default Wanted: motu-sru volunteers

Hello everybody,

in the last MOTU Meeting we decided to go with option (2a) of
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel/2007-November/024776.html

That's why we need ~5 people who overlook the process explained at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates#head-663887d94f6e6b300ffc75ce08b102e83a861cdd

Please either follow up on this thread or let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Have a nice day,
Daniel

Old 11-27-2007, 03:33 PM
John Dong

Hi Daniel,

I would be interested in being a part of ~motu-sru.

John

Old 11-27-2007, 03:35 PM
Luca Falavigna

Daniel Holbach ha scritto:
> in the last MOTU Meeting we decided to go with option (2a) of
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel/2007-November/024776.html
>
> That's why we need ~5 people who overlook the process explained at
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates#head-663887d94f6e6b300ffc75ce08b102e83a861cdd

I don't know if a MOTU rookie has the skills required to cover such
important role. If you think so, I will be happy to give my contribution
to accomplish the mission, but I will be happy to help out as a
non-member anyway.

Old 11-27-2007, 07:37 PM
Luke Yelavich

Old 11-27-2007, 07:58 PM
"Jordan Mantha"

On Nov 27, 2007 7:54 AM, Daniel Holbach <daniel.holbach@ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> in the last MOTU Meeting we decided to go with option (2a) of
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel/2007-November/024776.html
>
> That's why we need ~5 people who overlook the process explained at
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates#head-663887d94f6e6b300ffc75ce08b102e83a861cdd
>
> Please either follow up on this thread or let me know.

I'm up for some SRU-approval action ;-)

-Jordan

Old 11-27-2007, 08:02 PM
"Chuck Short"

Count me in

Old 11-28-2007, 04:02 AM
Brandon Holtsclaw

>Please either follow up on this thread or let me know.

Sounds like some "fun" , count me in if your looking for another person.

--
Brandon Holtsclaw
imbrandon@kubuntu.org

Old 11-28-2007, 08:26 AM
"Christophe Sauthier"

I know that this is "MOTU"-related... But if a simply MOTUHopeful
might help, you can count me in also...

Christophe

On Nov 28, 2007 6:02 AM, Brandon Holtsclaw <imbrandon@kubuntu.org> wrote:
> >Please either follow up on this thread or let me know.
>
> Sounds like some "fun" , count me in if your looking for another person.
>
> --
> Brandon Holtsclaw
> imbrandon@kubuntu.org
> http://www.imbrandon.com
> Key fingerprint = EC42 F8A1 48EE 16B9 7637 CE94 22FF 5BC4 8AF5 8F39
> gpg --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 8AF58F39

Ma vie |
Mes recettes | http://www.reponses.net
Mes images |

Old 11-28-2007, 08:32 AM
"Emmet Hikory"

On Nov 28, 2007 6:26 PM, Christophe Sauthier wrote:
> I know that this is "MOTU"-related... But if a simply MOTUHopeful
> might help, you can count me in also...

While I am a big proponent of the "one doesn't need upload rights
to help" school of thought, I think that we'd do best to limit
membership of teams like ~motu-uvf and ~motu-sru to members of
~ubuntu-dev, as otherwise the workflow becomes awkward: if the
proposer cannot upload, and the approver cannot upload, how is the
candidate to be uploaded?

--
Emmet HIKORY

Old 11-28-2007, 08:48 AM
"Christophe Sauthier"

On Nov 28, 2007 10:32 AM, Emmet Hikory <emmet.hikory@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 28, 2007 6:26 PM, Christophe Sauthier wrote:
> > I know that this is "MOTU"-related... But if a simply MOTUHopeful
> > might help, you can count me in also...
>
> While I am a big proponent of the "one doesn't need upload rights
> to help" school of thought, I think that we'd do best to limit
> membership of teams like ~motu-uvf and ~motu-sru to members of
> ~ubuntu-dev, as otherwise the workflow becomes awkward: if the
> proposer cannot upload, and the approver cannot upload, how is the
> candidate to be uploaded?
In fact, I didn't want to raise a polemic, I know that this could be
problematic that a non-uploader can approve... I was just mentionning
that I was available to do some tasks related, that might be done by
a non-uploader if there are any...

Christophe