Old 12-28-2011, 02:16 PM

Default software center : Editra

Hello,

in 10.04 software center, the description of Editra text editor is wrong (wxWidgets).

Sorry if I am at a wrong place.

*

*

Old 12-29-2011, 09:22 PM
Alessandro Menti

Hello,

in 10.04 software center, the description of Editra text editor is wrong (wxWidgets).
Sorry if I am at a wrong place.

Hi baronsed,
thanks for your report.

I had a look at the package description on packages.ubuntu.com and it
turns out that in Ubuntu 10.04 (Lucid) the description is wrong, indeed
(it should read "syntax highlighting and *a* variety of...", see
<http://packages.ubuntu.com/lucid/editra>); however, in the latest
Ubuntu version, it even does not show (see
<http://packages.ubuntu.com/precise/editra>). A look at the "control"
file (the one containing the package description and a list of all
dependencies) reveals that an extra comma has been added at the end of
the "Depends:" line.

I'd suggest you to file a report in Launchpad (our bug tracking system):
open a Terminal, type "ubuntu-bug editra" (without quotes) and press
Enter. The program will collect and upload some information about your
system (in this case it will mainly detect the version of Ubuntu and
Editra that you are using), then it will open a browser window where you
can write the detailed description of the error you encountered. This
way, the maintainer can get it fixed as soon as possible.

If I may be of further help, just let me know.

Regards,
Alessandro Menti
--
A neutron walks into a bar and asks how much for a drink.
The bartender replies "for you, no charge".