-   -   pianobar package update (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-masters-universe/594540-pianobar-package-update.html)

sean meir 11-04-2011 05:53 AM

pianobar package update

The current version of the package "pianobar" is very out of date (for 11.04 natty). *Could you guys push a new compiled version to the repo?
thanks,sean

Luke Faraone 11-06-2011 03:26 PM

pianobar package update

On 04/11/11 02:53, sean meir wrote:
> The current version of the package "pianobar" is very out of date (for
> 11.04 natty). Could you guys push a new compiled version to the repo?

We can't update the package to the latest upstream version, since that
introduces new features in a stable release.

Bug 856035[1] is not fixed in Natty (and Debian Stable) because I had
some difficulty backporting the patch for the new client protocol. Feel
free to take a stab at it.

[1]: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pianobar/+bug/856035

--
Luke Faraone;; Debian & Ubuntu Developer; Sugar Labs, Systems
lfaraone on irc.[freenode,oftc].net -- http://luke.faraone.cc