Old 10-11-2011, 03:15 PM
Iain Lane

Default Unseeded Universe Final Freeze

Hi there,

On Mon, Oct 03, 2011 at 10:12:42PM -0500, Kate Stewart wrote:
> Dear Developers,
>
> There has been some ambiguity around when the unseeded universe will
> have its final freeze and expectations around it, so clarifying this has
> been the subject of some recent discussion amongst the release team.
> For those interested in getting those last important fixes to unseeded
> universe packages included in the archive for 11.10, unseeded universe
> final freeze will be on Oct. 11 at 1200 UTC. Submissions well before
> this date are recommended though.

This has now passed, so the whole archive is in hard freeze now for the
release. Thanks to everyone who contributed to Oneiric!

For fun, I ran some stats using UDD. This was the 7th most active development
cycle by uploads to the release pocket.

distribution | uploads | rank
---------------------+---------+------
breezy | 12834 | 1
karmic | 11950 | 2
dapper | 11791 | 3
natty | 11780 | 4
hardy | 11459 | 5
lucid | 11246 | 6
oneiric | 10889 | 7
gutsy | 9949 | 8
jaunty | 9722 | 9
intrepid | 9397 | 10
maverick | 8879 | 11
feisty | 8522 | 12
edgy | 7953 | 13
hoary | 4552 | 14
warty | 1617 | 15

413 different people uploaded packages to the archive (using
Changed-By).

The source package uploaded the most times was … drumroll …
gnome-settings-daemon with 46 uploads! Followed closely by livecd-rootfs
with 45.

:-)

Cheers,

--