-   -   ??: xmame on x86 platform doesn't work at all (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-masters-universe/570046-xmame-x86-platform-doesnt-work-all.html)

Cesare Falco 08-30-2011 03:38 PM

Il giorno lun, 29/08/2011 alle 17.46 -0700, jie zhang ha scritto:

> it seems that u did not set a right value in the Makefile, change the
> byte order to the LSB. This one is not the fault of the package.
Once again: *x*mame is discontinued, I did not change anything,
nor did anyone else. The source (including makefile) has not been
modified in many years. Why doesn't it build correctly anymore?
I don't know. I can only guess some default has changed for gcc,
so the makefile now needs some patching, which no one will bother
to do due to the project being *dead* upstream.

You sould use *mame* (please note, no leading "x"), which has
superseded *xmame* (please note the leading "x") more than 4 years
ago.

Cheers,
Cesare.