Old 08-07-2011, 07:49 PM
Julian Taylor

Default CERN ROOT in natty

On 08/03/2011 05:49 AM, Pavel A. Piminov wrote:
> Dear Ubuntu MOTU Developers,
>
> Unfortunately, there are not root-system packages in the Ubuntu 11.04.
> Do you plan to built them for this version?
>
> The best regards,
> Pavel Piminov.

Hello,
debian-science@lists.debian.org is probably a better place to discuss
this package.

Lifeng Sun has adopted ROOT and cernlib in debian.
So we may see a ROOT package again for ubuntu 12.04:

There is also an unofficial repository for debian which has ROOT 5.28:
http://lcg-heppkg.web.cern.ch/lcg-heppkg/debian/
They also used to have ubuntu packages, but it appears they are not
offered anymore.

Best Regards,
Julian Taylor