-   -   files in source tarball have x-bit set (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-masters-universe/553898-files-source-tarball-have-x-bit-set.html)

Christoph Mathys 07-18-2011 07:06 PM

files in source tarball have x-bit set

I created a package from an upstream tarball. Now the problem is that
all files in the upstream tarball have their eXecutable bit set.

What is the usual way to deal with this situation?

Christoph

"jldugger@gmail.com" 07-18-2011 08:47 PM

files in source tarball have x-bit set

Send a polite email to upstream asking them to fix it in future
releases? If you clearly document the problem, most people will
oblige.

Justin