-   -   Leaving the project (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-masters-universe/552384-leaving-project.html)

Lorenzo De Liso 07-14-2011 10:59 AM

Leaving the project

Hello,

For years I thought Ubuntu was a great project and with the time I
discovered it's myself. In the 2009 about I started to contribute
helping in the italian IRC channel support (#ubuntu-it), then helping on
the italian forum and after some time I started to help the italian
Ubuntu translations team maintaining some translations templates. Then I
also started to modify and maintain some wiki pages in italian. After a
while, I started to contribute to Ubuntu development: my first upload
was in the April 2010 when I did my first sync in Ubuntu. A while later,
I uploaded my first package, autotrash (however, I uploaded it in Debian
after some time and I started to maintain it there). I started to work
on the various development tasks (syncs, merges, bug fixing, ...). In
the later July 2010 I got my MOTU membership. Since that moment, I
earned more experience day after day.

With my adventure, I meet a lot of wonderful people. I also meet a
couple of people who helped me; I'm not going to mention them, because
the list would be quite big. I learned a lot of things, thanks everyone.

Because of some stuff in the real life, and other things, I'm afraid I
won't be able to still contribute to Ubuntu. I'm writing this mail
reluctantly, I will however remain in the MOTU team and an Ubuntu member
with the hope to come back one day. But I will still be around when I
can and I won't totally go.

Good luck with the future of the project and thanks for everything.

Lorenzo De Liso

Dan Chen 07-14-2011 11:04 AM

Leaving the project

On Jul 14, 2011 7:00 AM, "Lorenzo De Liso" <blackz@ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Because of some stuff in the real life, and other things, I'm afraid I

> won't be able to still contribute to Ubuntu. I'm writing this mail

> reluctantly, I will however remain in the MOTU team and an Ubuntu member

> with the hope to come back one day. But I will still be around when I

> can and I won't totally go.

Thank you for your contributions to free software.

Cheers,

-Dan

Daniel Holbach 07-15-2011 03:57 PM

Leaving the project

Ciao Lorenzo,

Am 14.07.2011 12:59, schrieb Lorenzo De Liso:
> Good luck with the future of the project and thanks for everything.

Thanks a lot for all you did for Ubuntu and all the best for you and
your future projects.

Have a great day,
Daniel

--
Ubuntu Developer Week: 11th-15th July 2011
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuDeveloperWeek

Daniel Holbach 07-15-2011 03:57 PM

Leaving the project

Bhavani Shankar R 07-16-2011 05:42 PM

Leaving the project

On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 4:29 PM, Lorenzo De Liso <blackz@ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Hello,

Hello mate

> Because of some stuff in the real life, and other things, I'm afraid I
> won't be able to still contribute to Ubuntu. I'm writing this mail
> reluctantly, I will however remain in the MOTU team and an Ubuntu member
> with the hope to come back one day. But I will still be around when I
> can and I won't totally go.

Thanks mate for your contribution. Wish you all the very best in the future.

> Good luck with the future of the project and thanks for everything.

Good luck and thanks a lot to you too!

Cheers and regards,

--
Bhavani Shankar
Ubuntu Developer****** |* www.ubuntu.com

Angel Abad 07-17-2011 04:06 AM

Leaving the project

2011/7/14 Lorenzo De Liso <blackz@ubuntu.com>:
> Hello,
>
> For years I thought Ubuntu was a great project and with the time I
> discovered it's myself. In the 2009 about I started to contribute
> helping in the italian IRC channel support (#ubuntu-it), then helping on
> the italian forum and after some time I started to help the italian
> Ubuntu translations team maintaining some translations templates. Then I
> also started to modify and maintain some wiki pages in italian. After a
> while, I started to contribute to Ubuntu development: my first upload
> was in the April 2010 when I did my first sync in Ubuntu. A while later,
> I uploaded my first package, autotrash (however, I uploaded it in Debian
> after some time and I started to maintain it there). I started to work
> on the various development tasks (syncs, merges, bug fixing, ...). In
> the later July 2010 I got my MOTU membership. Since that moment, I
> earned more experience day after day.
>
> With my adventure, I meet a lot of wonderful people. I also meet a
> couple of people who helped me; I'm not going to mention them, because
> the list would be quite big. I learned a lot of things, thanks everyone.
>
> Because of some stuff in the real life, and other things, I'm afraid I
> won't be able to still contribute to Ubuntu. I'm writing this mail
> reluctantly, I will however remain in the MOTU team and an Ubuntu member
> with the hope to come back one day. But I will still be around when I
> can and I won't totally go.

Hi Lorenzo, I'm sorry to reading this, I hope your real life will go
well, and I hope to see you back here contributing knowledge.

Regards,

> Good luck with the future of the project and thanks for everything.
>
> Lorenzo De Liso

Angel Abad
angelabad@gmail.com | angelabad@ubuntu.com | angelabad@fsfe.org
http://www.pastelero.net
FPR: EBF6 080D 59D4 008A DF47 *00D4 098D AE47 EE3B C279