-   -   xmame on x86 platform doesn't work at all (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-masters-universe/551436-xmame-x86-platform-doesnt-work-all.html)

nisioisin 07-12-2011 09:03 AM

xmame on x86 platform doesn't work at all

Hello,
Sorry to trouble you, but I need your help.
I found something really buggy about the xmame-sdl package.
My system was Ubuntu 10.10 (amd64), but now I use Ubuntu 10.10 (i386).

The problem is, when I install package xmame-sdl, and run xmame command, it doesn't work at all.

error: compiled byte ordering doesn't match machine byte ordering.

compiled for MSB first, are you sure you chose the right cpu in makefile.unix?
While I was using amd64, the problem never occurred, and according to the error message, this problem is most likely platform independent, and it seems that something is wrong with the configuration (makefile) with the i386 platform.

I tried to file this bug(possibly) using the bug tracking system, but my report is not assigned (for a long time), so I feel a little upset.
Again I need to say sorry if I had disturbed you.
Thank you for your time.

Cesare Falco 08-29-2011 09:32 PM

Il giorno mar, 12/07/2011 alle 17.03 +0800, nisioisin ha scritto:

> The problem is, when I install package xmame-sdl, and run xmame
> command, it doesn't work at all.
xmame has been long discontinued now and due to the perpetual-evolving
nature of the project, I'm not sure it still builds fine.
You should use mame instead.

> error: compiled byte ordering doesn't match machine byte ordering.
> compiled for MSB first, are you sure you chose the right cpu in
> makefile.unix?
could be, it's synced from debian and nobody is maintaining the
package either. I'm going to point this out to the debian guys.

> I tried to file this bug(possibly) using the bug tracking system, but
> my report is not assigned (for a long time), so I feel a little upset.
I'm sorry, I've never considered checking bugs for xmame.
I'll have a look ASAP and post some note where appropriate.

Cheers,
Cesare.