-   -   Adding and maintaining new package (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-masters-universe/548817-adding-maintaining-new-package.html)

Denis Zhdanov 07-06-2011 01:21 PM

Adding and maintaining new package

Hello,
I have a question on what is a right way to add and maintain (provide updates) new package to Canonical repo. I've succeeded to found the following document related to that -�https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuDevelopment/NewPackages. However, it covers only 'add new package' phase and doesn't clarify how the package should be updated.

More details on what I would like to achieve - the main idea is to provide convenient way to deliver free open source Community Edition of IntelliJ IDEA java ide (http://www.jetbrains.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=983211) to (k)ubuntu users. I.e. the company (JetBrains) is ready to assemble the application to *.deb format on every new release and wants to push that updated packages to the repo. It seems that firing new ticket every time the package should be updated is a little too much, especially in case of the 'dev' branch. Ideally, we would like to be able to push new IDEA packages as soon as they are constructed.

Please let me know how we can proceed that.
P.S.�I found that there is a notion of �Canonical Partnership (http://www.canonical.com/about-canonical/partnerships) but it doesn't provide enough information to understand if that is what we need.

Denis
--
http://denis-zhdanov.blogspot.com