Old 05-31-2011, 10:32 AM
Matteo Dellepiane

Default MeshLab 1.3.0 for Ubuntu

Dear MOTU developers,
*
I’m Matteo Dellepiane from Visual Computing Lab, ISTI-CNR, Pisa, and I’m one of the developers of MeshLab.
I recently made a course at the University of Pisa on 3D graphics for Cultural Heritage, showing several (possibly) freeware tools to people who are essentially “hybrids” between Humanistic and Informatics stuff. Clearly, we made a wide use of MeshLab on almost all the platforms.
I have a couple of student using MeshLab with Ubuntu, but I fear they will not be able to compile it, so they are using the 1.2.something release.
*
From what I understood (and sorry if I’m mistaking!) you were the people who took care of the creation of the package of 1.2 . I wanted to ask you if you had the plan of trying to make it also for 1.3, which has a lot of more features, or if you know anybody who was trying to do that. I’m not an expert on this, so I need at least some advice.
*
Sorry if I disturbed you, have a nice day.
*
Best,
*
Matteo Dellepiane
Visual Computing Laboratory
Istituto di Scienza e Tecnologie dell'Informazione (ISTI)
National Research Council (CNR)
Area della Ricerca CNR di Pisa
Via G. Moruzzi 1, 56124 Pisa ITALY
phone: +39 050 315 2925 cell: +39 328 0150308
fax: +39 050 315 2604
email: matteo.dellepiane@isti.cnr.it
web: http://vcg.isti.cnr.it/~dellepiane/
*

Old 05-31-2011, 02:42 PM
Bhavani Shankar R

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 4:02 PM, Matteo Dellepiane
<matteo.dellepiane@isti.cnr.it> wrote:
> Dear MOTU developers,
>

> I’m Matteo Dellepiane from Visual Computing Lab, ISTI-CNR, Pisa, and I’m one
> of the developers of MeshLab.

Hello Matteo,

Welcome!

> I recently made a course at the University of Pisa on 3D graphics for
> Cultural Heritage, showing several (possibly) freeware tools to people who
> are essentially “hybrids” between Humanistic and Informatics stuff. Clearly,
> we made a wide use of MeshLab on almost all the platforms.
>
> I have a couple of student using MeshLab with Ubuntu, but I fear they will
> not be able to compile it, so they are using the 1.2.something release.
>

> From what I understood (and sorry if I’m mistaking!) you were the people who
> took care of the creation of the package of 1.2 . I wanted to ask you if you
> had the plan of trying to make it also for 1.3, which has a lot of more
> features, or if you know anybody who was trying to do that. I’m not an
> expert on this, so I need at least some advice.

I think meshlab 1.3 is already in the latest development release (Oneiric) repos

https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/meshlab/1.3.0a+dfsg1-2

Please correct me if I am seeing something wrong.

> Sorry if I disturbed you, have a nice day.

Not a problem at all! If you can tell us what you exactly require from
us now, We will be glad to help.

> Best,

Nice day to you too!

Bhavani Shankar