Old 02-10-2008, 08:51 PM

Default hi my name is lukasz

hi

I'm using Linux for a while, and I've installed Ubuntu a while ago.

I've got some C/C++, and little bit of GTKmm programing experience, nothing big few small programs for my own use.

I've got some spare time right now and will probably have it for a while:-)

Then* nice to meet you guys, you have done a great job.

If I will be able to help that will be great, looking forward to hear any suggestions how to start.

regards
lukasz

Old 02-11-2008, 10:20 AM
Cesare Tirabassi

On Sunday 10 February 2008 22:51:08 czeslawoo@op.pl wrote:
> If I will be able to help that will be great, looking forward to hear any
> suggestions how to start.

Hi there Lukasz,

nice to have you here!

A good starting point is this Wiki page:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuDevelopment

This should give you an overall view on what is involved in the Ubuntu
development process.
I can suggest you also start reading the packaging guide and work on some
bitesized bugs if you want to jump straight in:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PackagingGuide
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bugs?field.tag=bitesize
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU/TODO

If you need help or have some questions you want answered, pay a visit to the
IRC freenode channel #ubuntu-motu:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/InternetRelayChat

We have semiregular Q&A sessions on Fridays in #ubuntu-classroom (usually
around 13:00 UTC).

To see whats going on you should also subscribe to the ubuntu-motu-mentors
mailing list, feel free to post any questions you have in this m.l, in
ubuntu-motu-mentors or to seek help in #ubuntu-motu.

Hope this helps,

Cesare