Old 04-16-2011, 09:25 PM
Graeme Geldenhuys

Default The F in FVWM

Hi,

In the Ubuntu 8.04 repository the F is unknown for the FVWM window
manager. I have read before than many don't seem to know what the F in
FVWM (F(?) Virtual Window Manager) stands for. I came across this
screenshot of QNX (see attached file) that has a port of FVWM, and
they refer to it as Franks Virtual Window Manager. I also include the
source URL of where I got the screenshot.

http://www.osnews.com/story/8911/QNX_The_Unexpected_Surprise/page3/

Maybe we have finally found someone that knew what the F stood for? :-)

* - Graeme -