Old 11-26-2007, 05:07 AM
Scott Kitterman

Default postgrey broken in gutsy

On Monday 26 November 2007 00:50, Cyber Dog wrote:
> Ping...
>
> ... Again, I'm not familiar with the release process, but I'm very
> concerned with the lack of progress on this. It's confirmed, 'high
> priority', affects high visibility applications, has been patched
> successfully in Debian for a long time now, and has a working fix
> posted to the bug (some of us on the ticket have tested it
> successfully). I feel bad hassling the maintainers directly like
> this, but I see no other way to get this issue attention. If
> something more is expected of myself, or other people who've
> experienced the issue, please post instructions to the bug report so
> we may know how to help. If I should be talking to someone else, let
> me know who. Otherwise, can we please get the ball rolling again on
> releasing this?
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/db4.4/+bug/153996

Well db4.4 is in Main, so you are NOT in fact hassling the maintainers
directly.

Scott K

Old 11-26-2007, 05:44 AM
"Cyber Dog"

[-ubuntu-motu]
[+ubuntu-devel-discuss]

On Nov 26, 2007 1:07 AM, Scott Kitterman <ubuntu@kitterman.com> wrote:
> On Monday 26 November 2007 00:50, Cyber Dog wrote:
> > Ping...
> >
> > ... Again, I'm not familiar with the release process, but I'm very
> > concerned with the lack of progress on this. It's confirmed, 'high
> > priority', affects high visibility applications, has been patched
> > successfully in Debian for a long time now, and has a working fix
> > posted to the bug (some of us on the ticket have tested it
> > successfully). I feel bad hassling the maintainers directly like
> > this, but I see no other way to get this issue attention. If
> > something more is expected of myself, or other people who've
> > experienced the issue, please post instructions to the bug report so
> > we may know how to help. If I should be talking to someone else, let
> > me know who. Otherwise, can we please get the ball rolling again on
> > releasing this?
> >
> > https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/db4.4/+bug/153996
>
> Well db4.4 is in Main, so you are NOT in fact hassling the maintainers
> directly.

Perhaps I was confusing the owners of the affected package(s) with the
owners of libdb itself. I wish someone had called me on it earlier,
but hopefully I've got the right list now...

Ubuntu-devel folks, same problem as above (Please advise on how we can
advance the progress of bug 153996).

-
Matt

Old 11-26-2007, 05:44 AM