-   -   Please sync p7zip packages from Debian (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-masters-universe/511385-please-sync-p7zip-packages-debian.html)

Ettore Atalan 04-07-2011 05:47 PM

Please sync p7zip packages from Debian

Hi,

the Debian Maintainer for the

p7zip [1]
p7zip-full [2]

packages, Mohammed Adnčne Trojette, has updated these packages to
latest version 9.20.1. Would it be possible to sync these packages
for the upcoming Ubuntu release?

[1] http://packages.debian.org/experimental/p7zip

[2] http://packages.debian.org/experimental/p7zip-full

Regards,

Ettore Atalan

Micah Gersten 04-07-2011 08:15 PM

On 04/07/2011 12:47 PM, Ettore Atalan wrote:

Hi,

the Debian Maintainer for the

p7zip [1]
p7zip-full [2]

packages, Mohammed Adnčne Trojette, has updated these packages to
latest version 9.20.1. Would it be possible to sync these packages
for the upcoming Ubuntu release?

[1] http://packages.debian.org/experimental/p7zip

[2] http://packages.debian.org/experimental/p7zip-full

Regards,

Ettore Atalan

Please file an actual sync request on Launchpad with a proper FFe
request:

requestsync -e -d experimental p7zip

Thanks,

Micah

Benjamin Drung 04-07-2011 08:16 PM

Am Donnerstag, den 07.04.2011, 19:47 +0200 schrieb Ettore Atalan:
> Hi,
>
> the Debian Maintainer for the
> * p7zip [1]
> * p7zip-full [2]
> packages, Mohammed Adnčne Trojette, has updated these packages to
> latest version 9.20.1. Would it be possible to sync these packages for
> the upcoming Ubuntu release?
>

> [1] http://packages.debian.org/experimental/p7zip
> [2] http://packages.debian.org/experimental/p7zip-full

Both binary package are build from one source package: p7zip.

p7zip 9.20.1 will be synced automatically at the beginning of the next
release cycle (Ubuntu 11.10 oneiric). We passed the feature freeze for
Ubuntu 11.04. You need to get a freeze exception [1]. Please file a bug
(with the requestsync tool), if you can state a reason why it should get
an exception.

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FreezeExceptionProcess

--
Benjamin Drung