Old 04-04-2011, 08:46 AM
Jasem Mutlaq

Default Packaging a kernel module

Hello,

I'm facing problems in packaging a Finger Lakes Instruments USB kernel module. There doesn't appear to be any _consistent_ way of packaging kernel modules that I know of.

I created a thread in Ubuntu forums with all the details:

Can anyone point to any methods of resolving this?

--
Best Regards,
Jasem Mutlaq

Old 04-05-2011, 04:34 PM
Christoph Mathys

I'm facing problems in packaging a Finger Lakes Instruments USB kernel
module. There doesn't appear to be any _consistent_ way of packaging kernel
modules that I know of.

I found dkms (Dynamic Kernel Module Support) pretty satisfactory so
far. Debhelper has also some support for dkms (dh_dkms).

Christoph