Old 04-02-2011, 09:22 AM
Romu

Default About 'sshd' and 'sshpw' on RHEL5

Hi,

Does RHEL anaconda boot option 'sshd' work for RHEL5? I tried it but
during installation I could not ssh log in as root.

Also, does RHEL5 kickstart support 'sshpw'? I put 'sshpw
--username=test --plaintext password' in kickstart file, but during
installation I could not ssh log in as user 'test'.

Is there a way by which I can log in to a server which is installing RHEL5?

Interestingly, I tried 'sshd' and 'sshpw' on RHEL6, they are work fine.

Thanks,
rmu

Old 04-02-2011, 09:26 AM
Romu

Hi,

Does anaconda boot option 'sshd' work for RHEL5? I tried it but

Old 04-04-2011, 06:35 AM
Ales Kozumplik

Does RHEL anaconda boot option 'sshd' work for RHEL5? I tried it but
during installation I could not ssh log in as root.

Hi,

nope, RHEL5 does not support logging to the installation through ssh.
This is a new feature in RHEL6.

Ales