Old 02-27-2011, 03:31 PM
Horvath Andras

Default aaphoto

Dear MOTU Developers,

Please include the latest version of my aaphoto package from Debian
(0.41) into the upcoming Natty (0.40 currently).

http://packages.ubuntu.com/source/natty/aaphoto
http://packages.debian.org/unstable/aaphoto

This is a bugfix release, and the last time my package went into
Maverick buggy, though there was the fix there already, this time i'd
like to see it go into Natty without known bugs.

Thanks,

Andras

Old 02-28-2011, 06:08 PM
"Michael Bienia"

On 2011-02-27 17:31:03 +0100, Horvath Andras wrote:
Hello Andras,

> Please include the latest version of my aaphoto package from Debian
> (0.41) into the upcoming Natty (0.40 currently).
>
> http://packages.ubuntu.com/source/natty/aaphoto
> http://packages.debian.org/unstable/aaphoto
>
> This is a bugfix release, and the last time my package went into
> Maverick buggy, though there was the fix there already, this time i'd
> like to see it go into Natty without known bugs.

Looks like someone reacted to your mail. You can follow the sync request
at https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/aaphoto/+bug/726464

Michael

Old 02-28-2011, 06:19 PM
Horvath Andras

On 28 Feb 2011 20:08:50 +0100
"Michael Bienia" <michael@bienia.de> wrote:

> On 2011-02-27 17:31:03 +0100, Horvath Andras wrote:
> Hello Andras,
>
> > Please include the latest version of my aaphoto package from Debian
> > (0.41) into the upcoming Natty (0.40 currently).
> >
> > http://packages.ubuntu.com/source/natty/aaphoto
> > http://packages.debian.org/unstable/aaphoto
> >
> > This is a bugfix release, and the last time my package went into
> > Maverick buggy, though there was the fix there already, this time
> > i'd like to see it go into Natty without known bugs.
>
> Looks like someone reacted to your mail. You can follow the sync
> request at
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/aaphoto/+bug/726464
>
> Michael

Actually, the important bugfix is not what is quoted on the bug page,
but this:

2011/01/26 - aaRGB v0.64 - the contrast seemed strong with the default
initial value of the former algorithm, so now constant optimized to the
new contrast algorithm introduced in 0.63

(aaRGB is a rather important part of aaphoto, and i changed only 1
variable's value in this version)

I could have opened the bug page, but nobody reacted on my former one
either with version 0.37, so i thought the MOTU list will help me get
the thing done.

Thanks for notifying me.

Andras