FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Ubuntu > Ubuntu Masters Of The Universe

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 11-25-2007, 09:14 PM
Cesare Tirabassi
 
Default Fwd: Change in the Mentoring program

Thanks for sharing your opinion.
This thread is of interest to #ubuntu-motu-mentors too, please cc any reply to
that list as well.

Cesare

---------- Forwarded Message ----------

Subject: Re: Change in the Mentoring program
Date: Sunday 25 November 2007
From: Ming Hua <minghua@ubuntu.com>
To: ubuntu-motu@lists.ubuntu.com

I feel you are misunderstanding Scott.

On Sun, Nov 25, 2007 at 06:48:00PM +0100, Cesare Tirabassi wrote:
> On Sunday 25 November 2007 16:12:28 Scott Kitterman wrote:
>
> > That doesn't really answer my questions:
>
[...]
> We have one proposal from Emmet, do we have any other proposals?
> Do you think we should restrict mentoring to "stage 1" only?
> Do you think we should steer the program to be a pure one-on-one
> preparatory program for MOTUship?

If you can't answer Scott's questions, my response to these questions,
as an MOTU who never participated mentoring, is: Why should I care?

> Do you think we should dispense from mentoring altogether?

Maybe, if after the mentoring program has been running for a few months,
we still don't have a clear idea about what the program has achieved.

Ming
2007.11.25

--
Ubuntu-motu mailing list
Ubuntu-motu@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-motu
 
Old 11-25-2007, 10:34 PM
Scott Kitterman
 
Default Fwd: Change in the Mentoring program

...... Original Message .......
On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 23:14:05 +0100 Cesare Tirabassi <norsetto@ubuntu.com>
wrote:
>Thanks for sharing your opinion.
>This thread is of interest to #ubuntu-motu-mentors too, please cc any
reply to
>that list as well.
>
I disagree. Anyone in the mentors program should be subscribed to the motu
list. Those of us not on the mentors list will just get moderated anyway.

Scott K

--
Ubuntu-motu mailing list
Ubuntu-motu@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-motu
 
Old 11-25-2007, 11:36 PM
Cesare Tirabassi
 
Default Fwd: Change in the Mentoring program

On Monday 26 November 2007 00:34:03 Scott Kitterman wrote:
> ...... Original Message .......
> On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 23:14:05 +0100 Cesare Tirabassi <norsetto@ubuntu.com>
>
> wrote:
> >Thanks for sharing your opinion.
> >This thread is of interest to #ubuntu-motu-mentors too, please cc any
>
> reply to
>
> >that list as well.
>
> I disagree. Anyone in the mentors program should be subscribed to the motu
> list. Those of us not on the mentors list will just get moderated anyway.
>

The subject of the thread is mentoring, and it is as much of interests to
MOTU, mentors and contributors. The effort to reply to both mailing lists to
which the thread was addressed and give everybody interested a chance to
participate do not seem excessive to me.

Cesare



--
Ubuntu-motu mailing list
Ubuntu-motu@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-motu
 
Old 11-26-2007, 12:48 AM
Scott Kitterman
 
Default Fwd: Change in the Mentoring program

On Sunday 25 November 2007 19:36, Cesare Tirabassi wrote:
> On Monday 26 November 2007 00:34:03 Scott Kitterman wrote:
> > ...... Original Message .......
> > On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 23:14:05 +0100 Cesare Tirabassi <norsetto@ubuntu.com>
> >
> > wrote:
> > >Thanks for sharing your opinion.
> > >This thread is of interest to #ubuntu-motu-mentors too, please cc any
> >
> > reply to
> >
> > >that list as well.
> >
> > I disagree. Anyone in the mentors program should be subscribed to the
> > motu list. Those of us not on the mentors list will just get moderated
> > anyway.
>
> The subject of the thread is mentoring, and it is as much of interests to
> MOTU, mentors and contributors. The effort to reply to both mailing lists
> to which the thread was addressed and give everybody interested a chance to
> participate do not seem excessive to me.

So you don't think people in the mentoring program should be subscribed to the
MOTU mailing list?

Scott K

--
Ubuntu-motu mailing list
Ubuntu-motu@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-motu
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 01:34 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org