-   -   Sync libevent 2.0.10 from Debian experimental (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-masters-universe/489340-sync-libevent-2-0-10-debian-experimental.html)

Krzysztof Klimonda 02-14-2011 06:50 PM

Sync libevent 2.0.10 from Debian experimental

IMO its a bit late for any library transitions in natty, especially for

libevent which is used in a lot of server applications beyond those in

the Ubuntu archives. VERY early in the O cycle is the perfect time for

this to hit the archives. We can start reporting the bugs upstream now

and some should be releasing fixes in time for O.

Hey,

That's also my opinion at this point. I was willing to push it, but got another FTBFS yesterday which seems related to the new libevent2 version. I'm afraid that the risk is too great to justify this transition as the only package that really requires new version is Transmission. It is unfortunate, but it seems to be our best option to start this transition soon after natty release.

Thanks for your input.

Best Regards,
* KK