Old 01-25-2011, 08:54 PM
Cesare Falco

Default Packaging a derivative work with incremental source

Hello all,

I'm in the process of packaging MESS, a derivative from MAME distributed
in source form as an incremental archive.

I started creating a mame_xxx.orig-messpatch.tar.bz2 and having
dh_auto_configure save the source tree before copying the
MESS-specific files, in order to restore it in dh_auto_clean and
finally remove the backup copy.

Unfortunately, this doesn't work: dh_auto_clean is not idempotent
and dpkg-buildpackage fails.

I'm attaching my rules file: can anyone please make some suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Cesare.