Old 02-05-2008, 11:14 AM
Simon Oosthoek

Default experimental packaging of hugin

Hi

I'm a little bit involved in testing hugin on Linux and the current
development version is nearing a new release (soon, probably within
scope for hardy)...

I'd like to try packaging hugin, but I have no idea how to do that. I'm
currently running kubuntu gutsy. Could you provide me with some steps to
start creating a package from the svn sources?
When this is working for me, I want to include the description on the
panotools wiki.

TIA

Simon

Old 02-05-2008, 11:53 AM
"Emmet Hikory"

Simon Oosthoek wrote:
> I'm a little bit involved in testing hugin on Linux and the current
> development version is nearing a new release (soon, probably within
> scope for hardy)...
>
> I'd like to try packaging hugin, but I have no idea how to do that. I'm
> currently running kubuntu gutsy. Could you provide me with some steps to
> start creating a package from the svn sources?
> When this is working for me, I want to include the description on the
> panotools wiki.

Unless I'm confused by namespace collision, hugin is already
packaged (1). You might take a look at that source, and consider
whether there are patches that would improve it. If so, these are
best submitted in a bug.

1: https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/hugin

--
Emmet HIKORY