Old 12-22-2010, 04:31 PM
Floris Bos

Default Are new packages still reviewed?

Hi,

The documentation says "There's a "REVU Day" every week, during which many
MOTUs will focus on REVU".
Is this still true?

If I look at http://revu.ubuntuwire.com/ it says "Next REVU Day: TBD", and
lists packages under "Needs review" as old as May 2009 with 0 comments.

Perhaps someone could clear up the situation, so that (potential) uploaders
know if it's worth the effort?

--
Yours sincerely,

Floris Bos

Old 12-22-2010, 05:46 PM
Bilal Akhtar

On 12/22/2010 08:31 PM, Floris Bos wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The documentation says "There's a "REVU Day" every week, during which many
> MOTUs will focus on REVU".
> Is this still true?

I don't think so. The documentation needs to be updated for this.

> If I look at http://revu.ubuntuwire.com/ it says "Next REVU Day: TBD", and
> lists packages under "Needs review" as old as May 2009 with 0 comments.
>

> Perhaps someone could clear up the situation, so that (potential) uploaders
> know if it's worth the effort?

We still continue to review packages, but working on new packages is
considered by (most) MOTUs to be a low priority task, as there are more
serious issues (FTBFS, linker changes, python transitions, etc) to be
taken care of.

If a prospective developer wants to get his/her package(s) uploaded into
Ubuntu, and wants to make sure someone reviews them as soon as they can,
then I would recommend him/her to come on #ubuntu-motu IRC channel on
freenode and ask for a free MOTU who is willing to review the package.

Cheers,

Bilal Akhtar.

--
http://launchpad.net/~bilalakhtar