Old 12-11-2010, 08:36 PM

Default libsbigudrv2-dev and xnightview

Hello

I had some problem to configure and install xnightview (http://freshmeat.net/projects/nightview) on my Ubuntu 10.04.
I found out that there is difference between libsbigudrv2 and 2-dev in the repositories and libsbig from sbig whitch
is included (for example) in the xmccd (http://www.sbig.com/sbwhtmls/softpage.htm). The difference is "sbigudrv.h"
(see the attached file). I don't know why was the sbigudrv.h file omitted but it is still used by others developers
(at least xmccd, xnightview).
Maybe I should add some others repositories in to my system, or ... ?

I will be happy to miss this step (installing libsbig from xmccd) before xnightview installation.

Xnightview version from 12. november 2010 works good on 10.04

Thanks for your great work!

Emilianio--
Ubuntu-motu mailing list
Ubuntu-motu@lists.ubuntu.com

Old 01-19-2011, 02:56 PM
Jonathan Riddell

On Sat, Dec 11, 2010 at 09:36:27PM -0000, ekundra@ta3.sk wrote:
> I had some problem to configure and install xnightview (http://freshmeat.net/projects/nightview) on my Ubuntu 10.04.
> I found out that there is difference between libsbigudrv2 and 2-dev in the repositories and libsbig from sbig whitch
> is included (for example) in the xmccd (http://www.sbig.com/sbwhtmls/softpage.htm). The difference is "sbigudrv.h"
> (see the attached file). I don't know why was the sbigudrv.h file omitted but it is still used by others developers
> (at least xmccd, xnightview).
> Maybe I should add some others repositories in to my system, or ... ?

We don't have the source code to libsbigudrv 2, only a binary package with
the .so file. The indi package produces libsbugudev0 but presumably
that's not what you want. CCing Jasem Mutlaq who is somehow related
to upstream, maybe he knows where the libsbigudrv 2 source is.

Jonathan

Old 01-19-2011, 06:14 PM
Jasem Mutlaq

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 6:56 PM, Jonathan Riddell <jriddell@ubuntu.com> wrote:

On Sat, Dec 11, 2010 at 09:36:27PM -0000, ekundra@ta3.sk wrote:

> *I had some problem to configure and install xnightview (http://freshmeat.net/projects/nightview) on my Ubuntu 10.04.

> I found out that there is difference between libsbigudrv2 and 2-dev in the repositories and libsbig from sbig whitch

> is included (for example) in the xmccd (http://www.sbig.com/sbwhtmls/softpage.htm). The difference is "sbigudrv.h"

> (see the attached file). I don't know why was the sbigudrv.h file omitted but it is still used by others developers

> (at least xmccd, xnightview).

> *Maybe I should add some others repositories in to my system, or ... ?

We don't have the source code to libsbigudrv 2, only a binary package with

the .so file. *The indi package produces libsbugudev0 but presumably

that's not what you want. *CCing Jasem Mutlaq who is somehow related

to upstream, maybe he knows where the libsbigudrv 2 source is.

The source code for SBIG Library is owned by Santa Barbra Instruments Group, and unfortunately, it's closed source. We tried to talk to SBIG to release an open source version, but it's been a few years and no luck, we are stuck with the binary library, but at least it works great and without any major issues.

*

--
Best Regards,
Jasem Mutlaq