Old 02-01-2008, 04:07 PM
Brian Murray

Default Hug Day - 5 February 2008

It has been two months since we looked at the bugs without a package
which by the way we did a great job of assigning to packages and
triaging. However, the numbers are creeping back up so it's time to
go get them!

So join us on our next Hug Day on Wednesday, February 5th! We will be
targeting bugs that do not have a package assigned to them. We can help
easily help these bug reports through the triaging process by assigning
to them a package. For help in determining what package to assign the
bug to please take a look at:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/FindRightPackage

Even better than just assigning a package would be gathering more
information from the original reporter if it is necessary. A list of
package and subsystem debugging procedures can be found at:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DebuggingProcedures

This event will be held in #ubuntu-bugs and the list of targeted bugs
has been posted at:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuBugDay/20080205

So feel free to get started early! Our goal is to deal with all of the
bugs in that list. Additionally, we have added a graph to the bottom of
the wiki page for tracking our impact.

So on 5 February 2008, in all timezones, we'll be meeting in
#ubuntu-bugs on irc.freenode.net for another Ubuntu Hug Day.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuBugDay

While you are welcome to apply to join the Ubuntu Bug Control team
anytime, Hug Day is a great day to join!

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuBugControl

If you're interested in helping, please stop by. And feel free to ask
bdmurray, pedro, ogasawara, heno and the rest of the team for ways to
help out. We hope to see you there and your name on the list of bug
triagers!

--
Brian Murray @ubuntu.com