Old 02-01-2008, 09:23 AM
"Mark Pierce"

Default Problems with Tomcat, JDBC in Ubuntu

Hello,

In Ubuntu 6.10, kernel 2.6.17-10-server, java-1.5.0-sun, tomcat5.5, 5.5.17-1ubuntu1, postgresql-8.1 8.1.11-0ubuntu0.6.10.1, apache2* 2.0.55-4ubuntu4.1, libapache2-mod-jk 1.2.18-1ubuntu1.1. This machine is a mirror of our production machine, thus the older versions.

When the service is called Tomcat throws an exception and refused to connect to Postgres at tcp/5432.

geoservices.database.library.LibraryDataException: SQLException Cannot
create PoolableConnectionFactory (Something unusual has occured to
cause the driver to fail. Please report this exception.)

However this only happens with the Ubuntu deb version of the Tomcat server and libraries. It works just fine on a version that we compile of the same version of Tomcat acquired from the Apache site.

A similar unsolved problem was reported at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=430133

If you want me to fill out an bug report/issue or to help in anyway in tracking down this problem, just let me know.

Mark Pierce
Blom SG
Valladolid, Spain
tel: +34 610 298 960

tail -50 /var/log/tomcat5.5/catalina_2008-01-30.log
QUERY GETLIBRARYDATA:select id_library, code, description, default_srid, xmin(box3d(Transform(libraries.geom,libraries.defa ult_srid))) as minx, ymin(box3d(Transform(libraries.geom,libraries.defa ult_srid))) as miny, xmax(box3d(Transform(libraries.geom,libraries.defa ult_srid))) as maxx, ymax(box3d(Transform(libraries.geom,libraries.defa ult_srid))) as maxy from libraries where (year >= 2005 and year <= 2007) and active = true and flight = 'demo' and dtm='default' and id_country=3 order by description

******* at geoservices.database.library.GetLibraryData.getLib raryPool(GetLibraryData.java:122)

******* at geoservices.servlet.LibraryService.processRequest( LibraryService.java:105)
******* at geoservices.servlet.LibraryService.doGet(LibrarySe rvice.java:40)
******* at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:689)

******* at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:802)
******* at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Nativ e Method)
******* at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Native MethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

******* at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(De legatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
******* at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
******* at org.apache.catalina.security.SecurityUtil$1.run(Se curityUtil.java:243)

******* at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
******* at javax.security.auth.Subject.doAsPrivileged(Subject .java:517)
******* at org.apache.catalina.security.SecurityUtil.execute( SecurityUtil.java:275)

******* at org.apache.catalina.security.SecurityUtil.doAsPriv ilege(SecurityUtil.java:161)
******* at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.in ternalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:245)
******* at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.ac cess$0(ApplicationFilterChain.java:177)

******* at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain$1. run(ApplicationFilterChain.java:156)
******* at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
******* at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.do Filter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:152)

******* at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invo ke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
******* at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invo ke(StandardContextValve.java:178)
******* at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke( StandardHostValve.java:126)

******* at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke (ErrorReportValve.java:105)
******* at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invok e(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
******* at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.servic e(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)

******* at org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler.invoke(JkCoyo teHandler.java:199)
******* at org.apache.jk.common.HandlerRequest.invoke(Handler Request.java:282)
******* at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.invoke(ChannelS ocket.java:754)

******* at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.processConnecti on(ChannelSocket.java:684)
******* at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket$SocketConnectio n.runIt(ChannelSocket.java:876)
******* at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlR unnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684)

******* at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Old 02-01-2008, 02:07 PM
Mathias Gug

Hi Mark,

On Fri, Feb 01, 2008 at 11:23:56AM +0100, Mark Pierce wrote:
> If you want me to fill out an bug report/issue or to help in anyway in
> tracking down this problem, just let me know.

Please do so.

--
Mathias Gug
Ubuntu Developer http://www.ubuntu.com