Old 10-20-2010, 03:14 PM
"TBL Bilimport e.K."

Default kshowmail will not work without the package kdebase-kio-plugins (will start, but not be able to check for mails)

Hello.

I have now been using kshowmail for several years now, under different linux versions. Now I have upgraded to Ubuntu 10.10, and again I managed to install kshowmail, and make it work. But first after forcing the installation of the packade kdebase-kio-plugins, version 3.5.10 (I used the command "sudo dpkg -i depends kdebase-kio-plugins_3.5.10-0ubuntu1~hardy2_i386.deb"). But now, of course, my system claims my dependencies are broken (although everything seems to be working fine, even kshowmail), so each time I will install upgrades (or anything else, or even remove something), the system will remove this package, and I will have to re-install it again, ignoring the dependencies.

Do you know a way to work around this? As for now, I'm ignoring the update (even the ones regarding security issues), so that's not a satisfying solution. But I really need kshowmail (or a equal good program; tried to get "magic mail monitor" to run with wine, but without success, and I simply havent't found any program coming close to those two).

My system is as mentioned Ubuntu 10.10 32-bit, with a Intel duo-core CPU 2.7 GHz and 4GBM of ram, Gnome 2.32.0 and Kernel 2.6.35-22-generic-pae.

Ulrich; ich habe Sie als Kopie-Empfänger hier aufgeführt, da es vielleicht von Interesse ist. Sie dürfen selbstverständlich ebenfalls Lösungsvorschläge bringen. (Aber bitte nicht Kompilieren; das wird ausufern, fürchte ich, und nachdem es jetzt irgendwie läuft, möchte ich mir das nicht antun......bitte um Nachsicht.)

Best regards,

Tor Løken

--

TBL Bilimport e.K.