-   -   about x3270 package (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-masters-universe/434354-about-x3270-package.html)

fabrice 10-01-2010 04:55 PM

about x3270 package

Hi Alexandre,

El vie, 01-10-2010 a las 09:11 -0300, Alexandre Haguiar escribió:
> I working with x3270 compiled from source code with the last version
> 3.3.11ga6 and want update the the ubuntu package to this version. Its
> possible to me do this? Can you send me the actual package "make"

Sure you can! :-) Even if the updated package won't make his path into
Maverick (I don't see any repoorted bugs that justify an upgrade so late
in the cycle).

> file? Please help me and i'll work to update this package for us.

You can find a recipe to update an existing package in the wiki:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PackagingGuide/Complete#Updating%20an%20Ubuntu%
20Package

In this case, the package comes directly from Debian, so we generally
recommends to work with the Debian maintainer (that you can found at
http://packages.debian.org/sid/x3270 ).

If you have question, you can also connect to the #ubuntu-motu channel
on irc.

Thanks,
Fabrice