Old 09-23-2010, 02:39 AM
Bhavani Shankar R

Default Hello list ftbfs of libgdchart-gd2

Hello list,

With reference to the above subject the package still FTBFS in ubuntu
(I m sorry to have made a mistake)

https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libgdchart-gd2/0.11.5-7/+build/1969288/+files/buildlog_ubuntu-maverick-i386.libgdchart-gd2_0.11.5-7_FAILEDTOBUILD.txt.gz

with the same error as in

(It looks like local snippets change is not working in ubuntu here)

Can anyone please guide me is there any other idea on how to
circumvent this FTBFS?

regards

--

Bhavani Shankar.R
https://launchpad.net/~bhavi, a proud ubuntu community* member.

Old 09-23-2010, 05:06 AM
Fabrice Coutadeur

Hi Bhavani,

According to the Debian bug, it seems that it was a bug in cdbs that
got fixed in latest cdbs. Looking at the changelog of cdbs, you can
see this comment:
" * Fix ensure makefile-vars.mk is usable without makefile.mk: add
simpler fallback for cdbs_make_curbuilddir.
Closes: bug#596950. Thanks to Lucas Nussbaum and others."
and the rules file of libgdchart-gd2 contains an include of
makefile-vars.mk but no include of makefile.mk, so it seems to be the
root cause of the FTBFS.

You then have 2 options:
- fix cdbs
- fix libgdchart-gd2 by either include makefile.mk or defining the
missing variable

I think that the second choice is less intrusive, but if cdbs is
broken in some cases, I think it's worth fixing it.

Fabrice

Old 09-23-2010, 05:29 AM
Scott Kitterman

On Thursday, September 23, 2010 01:06:35 am Fabrice Coutadeur wrote:
> You then have 2 options:
> - fix cdbs
> - fix libgdchart-gd2 by either include makefile.mk or defining the
> missing variable
>
> I think that the second choice is less intrusive, but if cdbs is
> broken in some cases, I think it's worth fixing it.

I'd be against changing CDBS during final freeze if we can avoid it. Too many
packages build-depend on it to make other than essential changes to it now.

Scott K

Old 09-23-2010, 11:41 AM
Bhavani Shankar R

On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 10:36 AM, Fabrice Coutadeur
<coutadeurf@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Bhavani,
>
> According to the Debian bug, it seems that it was a bug in cdbs that
> got fixed in latest cdbs. Looking at the changelog of cdbs, you can
> see this comment:
> " * * Fix ensure makefile-vars.mk is usable without makefile.mk: add
> * * simpler fallback for cdbs_make_curbuilddir.
> * * Closes: bug#596950. Thanks to Lucas Nussbaum and others."
> and the rules file of libgdchart-gd2 contains an include of
> makefile-vars.mk but no include of makefile.mk, so it seems to be the
> root cause of the FTBFS.
>
> You then have 2 options:
> - fix cdbs
> - fix libgdchart-gd2 by either include makefile.mk or defining the
> missing variable
>
> I think that the second choice is less intrusive, but if cdbs is
> broken in some cases, I think it's worth fixing it.

Thanks fabrice! It built on my i386 system now after including
makefile.mk. Now test building amd64 version Will upload a fixed
version tonight or tomorrow early morning

Thanks for the help

regards