Old 09-10-2010, 05:33 PM
Iulian Udrea

Default Concerned about the large number of packages that FTBFS.

Hello fellow developers,
It seems that the number of fails to build from source has unfortunatelyincreased. *Looking at http://qa.ubuntuwire.com/ftbfs/ it appears that

there are 18 packages that FTBFS in the main component, 268 in universeand 11 in multiverse.
The Not Build from Source (NBS) list is much longer than it used to be inthe previous cycles. *Have a look at

http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/NBS/. As Colin said in the releasemeeting today, every file that has size 0 is ready for removal and shouldn't

need to be worried about.
We've got only a few weeks left until Maverick is released and we shoulddefinitely shorten both lists.
If you either have a package ready to be uploaded which fixes a FTBFS and

don't have upload privileges for it or have any enquries regarding one or both*lists,*please don't hesitate to poke me on IRC.
Ta,Iulian