Old 09-07-2010, 07:29 PM
Kevin McKinney

Default Enhancements for the gnome-device-manager

Hi gnome-device-manager maintainers,I am a C / C++ programmer looking to provide some assistance to the device manager (gnome-device-manager package) program. *I notice this program only list the devices installed on a machine; it does not provide device usability information. *Is there a project already in progress that will apprise the user of devices that are configured and usable? *Either way; I would like to help enhance this package in any way I can. *I am not an expert C / C++ programmer; but I would like to help in any way possible. *Please advise.

Thanks,Kevin McKinney

Old 09-10-2010, 04:45 PM
Dereck Wonnacott

Kevin,
Hi! Welcome to the team, I'm not sure if anyone got back to you about your desire to get involved. While I am not familiar with¬*gnome-device-manager I can lend general advice. I¬*recommended¬*you go for whatever scratches your itch.

The following portal will guide you through getting started with getting sources, packaging, testing, and submitting your work.¬*There is a lot of information on the wiki, more than you'll ever need to know.¬*

http://www.ubuntu.com/community/get-involved

I assume that you are familiar with #ubuntu-motu on irc.freenode.org? If you haven't yet done so, pop in and introduce yourself, IRC is great when you can't find the information you need on the wiki.¬*

Welcome to the team, let me know how/where you get stuck and never give up!!
~Dereck

Hi gnome-device-manager maintainers,I am a C / C++ programmer looking to provide some assistance to the device manager (gnome-device-manager package) program. ¬*I notice this program only list the devices installed on a machine; it does not provide device usability information. ¬*Is there a project already in progress that will apprise the user of devices that are configured and usable? ¬*Either way; I would like to help enhance this package in any way I can. ¬*I am not an expert C / C++ programmer; but I would like to help in any way possible. ¬*Please advise.

Thanks,Kevin McKinney

‚ÄúThe greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark.‚ÄĚ - Michelangelo

Old 09-10-2010, 05:22 PM
Kevin McKinney

Hi Dereck,

On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 12:45 PM, Dereck Wonnacott <dereck@gmail.com> wrote:
> Kevin,
> Hi! Welcome to the team, I'm not sure if anyone got back to you about your
> desire to get involved. While I am not familiar with¬*gnome-device-manager I
> can lend general advice. I¬*recommended¬*you go for whatever scratches your
> itch.
>
> The following portal will guide you through getting started with getting
> sources, packaging, testing, and submitting your work.
> There is a lot of information on the wiki, more than you'll ever need to
> know.
> http://www.ubuntu.com/community/get-involved

My itch is in the gnome-device-manager package; so I will be looking
at enhancing this software.

> I assume that you are familiar with #ubuntu-motu on irc.freenode.org? If you
> haven't yet done so, pop in and introduce yourself, IRC is great when you
> can't find the information you need on the wiki.

Yes, I am familiar with the irc.freenode.org. When does the team meet
as a group? Or can I login and chat any time?

> Welcome to the team, let me know how/where you get stuck and never give up!!
> ~Dereck

Thanks for the warm welcome!!!!!

Old 09-10-2010, 05:25 PM
Dereck Wonnacott

> Hi! Welcome to the team, I'm not sure if anyone got back to you about your

> desire to get involved. While I am not familiar with¬*gnome-device-manager I

> can lend general advice. I¬*recommended¬*you go for whatever scratches your

> itch.

> The following portal will guide you through getting started with getting

> sources, packaging, testing, and submitting your work.

> There is a lot of information on the wiki, more than you'll ever need to

> know.

> http://www.ubuntu.com/community/get-involved

My itch is in the gnome-device-manager package; so I will be looking

at enhancing this software.

¬*

> I assume that you are familiar with #ubuntu-motu on irc.freenode.org? If you

> haven't yet done so, pop in and introduce yourself, IRC is great when you

> can't find the information you need on the wiki.

Yes, I am familiar with the irc.freenode.org. ¬*When does the team meet

as a group? Or can I login and chat any time?

Log in and chat anytime. There is always someone around.¬*

> Welcome to the team, let me know how/where you get stuck and never give up!!

> ~Dereck

Thanks for the warm welcome!!!!!