-   -   Updating the packaging guide landing page (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-masters-universe/420366-updating-packaging-guide-landing-page.html)

Iain Lane 08-30-2010 03:02 PM

Updating the packaging guide landing page

Hello MOTUs and others,

I had an action from UDS-M to improve the packaging guide landing
page.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PackagingGuide

which is somewhat confusing at best. We decided to go for a “task
driven” interface. I've whipped up a very quick first cut at

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PackagingGuide/Beta

and would appreciate feedback and improvements. Help is particularly
sought to

* Improve and expand the wording on this page.
* Identify and create links to other documents. It seems that there
aren't targeted pages for all of the tasks as we have preferred
larger more comprehensive documents in the past, so creating pages
for these would also be welcome.

I'm pretty short on time but will also try to do some of this myself
over the coming weeks.

Regards,
Iain