FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Ubuntu > Ubuntu Masters Of The Universe

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 08-13-2010, 09:20 PM
Elliot Murphy
 
Default REVU permissions and updates

Hi!

First, I was looking at REVU and noticed that I am logged in as
"statik (Contributor)", and I have the ability to comment on packages
but it seems like other folks probably have an Advocate button. Since
I first started using REVU before I was a member of MOTU, I am
wondering whether my permissions are cached somehow on the REVU
system. Is there an admin of the REVU system that could assist me?

Second, I see that REVU does not yet have support for source format
3.0 packages. Is anyone already working on adding this support? It's a
bit premature for me to offer to work on it, but I've (slowly) started
setting up a development instance and reading through the code to try
and understand how much work would be involved.

--
Elliot Murphy | https://launchpad.net/~statik/

--
Ubuntu-motu mailing list
Ubuntu-motu@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-motu
 
Old 08-14-2010, 02:55 AM
Nathan Handler
 
Default REVU permissions and updates

On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 4:20 PM, Elliot Murphy <elliot@ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> First, I was looking at REVU and noticed that I am logged in as
> "statik (Contributor)", and I have the ability to comment on packages
> but it seems like other folks probably have an Advocate button. Since
> I first started using REVU before I was a member of MOTU, I am
> wondering whether my permissions are cached somehow on the REVU
> system. Is there an admin of the REVU system that could assist me?

You should now have the ability to advocate packages on REVU.

> Second, I see that REVU does not yet have support for source format
> 3.0 packages. Is anyone already working on adding this support? It's a
> bit premature for me to offer to work on it, but I've (slowly) started
> setting up a development instance and reading through the code to try
> and understand how much work would be involved.

I know I saw someone working on getting this working the other day,
but I have no clue what the current status is.

Nathan

--
Ubuntu-motu mailing list
Ubuntu-motu@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-motu
 
Old 08-14-2010, 03:05 AM
Andrew Mitchell
 
Default REVU permissions and updates

On Fri, 2010-08-13 at 17:20 -0400, Elliot Murphy wrote:
> Hi!
>
> First, I was looking at REVU and noticed that I am logged in as
> "statik (Contributor)", and I have the ability to comment on packages
> but it seems like other folks probably have an Advocate button. Since
> I first started using REVU before I was a member of MOTU, I am
> wondering whether my permissions are cached somehow on the REVU
> system. Is there an admin of the REVU system that could assist me?
>
> Second, I see that REVU does not yet have support for source format
> 3.0 packages. Is anyone already working on adding this support? It's a
> bit premature for me to offer to work on it, but I've (slowly) started
> setting up a development instance and reading through the code to try
> and understand how much work would be involved.
>
> --
> Elliot Murphy | https://launchpad.net/~statik/
>
For the seocn point, it required a dpkg backport - as REVU runs on a
sparc box, it's a little hard to upgrade it to a recent release of
Ubuntu.
I've compiled the backport from the ~launchpad PPA but have yet to test
it properly to make sure that I don't blow things up inadvertently

Thanks,
Andrew

--
Ubuntu-motu mailing list
Ubuntu-motu@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-motu
 
Old 08-14-2010, 03:44 AM
Elliot Murphy
 
Default REVU permissions and updates

On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 11:05 PM, Andrew Mitchell <ajmitch@ubuntu.com> wrote:
> *For the seocn point, it required a dpkg backport *- as REVU runs on a
> sparc box, it's a little hard to upgrade it to a recent release of
> Ubuntu.
> I've compiled the backport from the ~launchpad PPA but have yet to test
> it properly to make sure that I don't blow things up inadvertently

Awesome, thanks for working on it. If a provider somewhere were to
offer free hosting on a better supported architecture, is that
something you would be interested in?
--
Elliot Murphy | https://launchpad.net/~statik/

--
Ubuntu-motu mailing list
Ubuntu-motu@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-motu
 
Old 08-14-2010, 02:11 PM
Stefan Potyra
 
Default REVU permissions and updates

Hi,

Am Saturday 14 August 2010 05:44:23 schrieb Elliot Murphy:
> On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 11:05 PM, Andrew Mitchell <ajmitch@ubuntu.com>
wrote:
> > *For the seocn point, it required a dpkg backport *- as REVU runs on a
> > sparc box, it's a little hard to upgrade it to a recent release of
> > Ubuntu.
> > I've compiled the backport from the ~launchpad PPA but have yet to test
> > it properly to make sure that I don't blow things up inadvertently
>
> Awesome, thanks for working on it. If a provider somewhere were to
> offer free hosting on a better supported architecture, is that
> something you would be interested in?

I'm interested in a solution that doesn't result in work for me :P. I guess
that's certainly one of the reasons why REVU is still running on spooky .

Cheers,
Stefan.





--
Ubuntu-motu mailing list
Ubuntu-motu@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-motu
 
Old 08-14-2010, 02:18 PM
Siegfried-Angel Gevatter Pujals
 
Default REVU permissions and updates

2010/8/14 Stefan Potyra <stefan.potyra@informatik.uni-erlangen.de>:
>> If a provider somewhere were to
>> offer free hosting on a better supported architecture, is that
>> something you would be interested in?
>
> I'm interested in a solution that doesn't result in work for me :P. I guess
> that's certainly one of the reasons why REVU is still running on spooky .

If there is interest in moving to another host, I'd have no problem
with migrating the stuff (DB, files, necessary configuration).

--
Siegfried-Angel Gevatter Pujals (RainCT)
Free Software Developer* * ** 363DEAE3

--
Ubuntu-motu mailing list
Ubuntu-motu@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-motu
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 10:56 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org