Old 08-07-2010, 02:19 PM
Mikołaj Sochacki

Default system-config-samba

Hello!
Package system-config-samba has missing dependence: python-glade2
--
Regards
Mikołaj Sochacki

Old 08-07-2010, 02:56 PM
Cosme Domínguez Díaz

2010/8/7 Mikołaj Sochacki <mbsochacki@wp.pl>:
> Hello!
> Package system-config-samba has missing dependence: python-glade2
> --
> Regards
> Mikołaj Sochacki

Launchpad bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/system-config-samba/+bug/594229

And a request of update to newer upstream version:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/system-config-samba/+bug/570120

Old 08-05-2011, 09:53 AM
Franois Patte

Old 08-05-2011, 10:00 AM
gpe

On 05/08/11 10:53, Franois Patte wrote:

> I try to translate:
>
> Authentication error:
>
> The permission asked for "org.fedoraproject.config.samba.configure" was
> not given. The application is going to shut down now.

The text in english is:
"The authorization needed for 'org.fedoraproject.config.samba.configure'
could not be obtained. The application will exit now."

> What does this mean? How to solve the problem?

It happens for example if you click cancel on the authentication window.
You have to enter the root password in the Black popup.
Alternatively you can open up a terminal, became root with su then
system-config-samba

--
gpe

Old 08-05-2011, 01:02 PM
Franois Patte

Le 05/08/2011 12:00, gpe a crit :
> On 05/08/11 10:53, Franois Patte wrote:
>
>> I try to translate:
>>
>> Authentication error:
>>
>> The permission asked for "org.fedoraproject.config.samba.configure" was
>> not given. The application is going to shut down now.
>>

> The text in english is:
> "The authorization needed for 'org.fedoraproject.config.samba.configure'
> could not be obtained. The application will exit now."
>
>> What does this mean? How to solve the problem?
>>
> It happens for example if you click cancel on the authentication window.
> You have to enter the root password in the Black popup.

Thank you for answering.

If I cancel the window with this message, nothing happens.

> Alternatively you can open up a terminal, became root with su then
> system-config-samba

This works, but poorly: I can add a shares, but only a directory, not a
printer for instance..

Now I have new problems: I tried to use swat. Installed everything,
configure everything (xinetd...) but I cannot connect to swat:

- - with localhost:901, firefox is searching for localhost.com (and fails)

- -with "hostname":901, firefox is searching for hostname.com (and faisl)

- -with IP:901, I get a message: "connection has been reset... try
again..." and so on.

The port 901 is open according to system-config-firewall (which I cannot
access through System>Admin (like system-config-samba...)

How can I get rid off these "stupid" security setting which are set in a
such a way that you cannot configure anything: they block anything if
you ask for samba, firewall, etc. instead of asking for root password,
and you cannot graphically login as root and.... give message which
cannot be understand.

I stopped Selinux, but nothing has changed up to now.

Using f14

Thanks for (understable) answers.
- --
Franois Patte
UFR de mathmatiques et informatique
Universit Paris Descartes
45, rue des Saints Pres
F-75270 Paris Cedex 06
Tl. +33 (0)1 4286 2145

Old 08-05-2011, 01:10 PM
Jatin K

On Friday 05 August 2011 06:32 PM, Franois Patte wrote:

> Le 05/08/2011 12:00, gpe a crit :
>> On 05/08/11 10:53, Franois Patte wrote:
>>
>>> I try to translate:
>>>
>>> Authentication error:
>>>
>>> The permission asked for "org.fedoraproject.config.samba.configure" was
>>> not given. The application is going to shut down now.
>>>
>> The text in english is:
>> "The authorization needed for 'org.fedoraproject.config.samba.configure'
>> could not be obtained. The application will exit now."
>>
>>> What does this mean? How to solve the problem?
>>>
>> It happens for example if you click cancel on the authentication window.
>> You have to enter the root password in the Black popup.
> Thank you for answering.
>
> If I cancel the window with this message, nothing happens.
>
>> Alternatively you can open up a terminal, became root with su then
>> system-config-samba
> This works, but poorly: I can add a shares, but only a directory, not a
> printer for instance..
>
> Now I have new problems: I tried to use swat. Installed everything,
> configure everything (xinetd...) but I cannot connect to swat:
>
> - - with localhost:901, firefox is searching for localhost.com (and fails)
>
> - -with "hostname":901, firefox is searching for hostname.com (and faisl)
>
> - -with IP:901, I get a message: "connection has been reset... try
> again..." and so on.
>
> The port 901 is open according to system-config-firewall (which I cannot
> access through System>Admin (like system-config-samba...)

try iptables -F

> How can I get rid off these "stupid" security setting which are set in a
> such a way that you cannot configure anything: they block anything if
> you ask for samba, firewall, etc. instead of asking for root password,
> and you cannot graphically login as root and.... give message which
> cannot be understand.
>
> I stopped Selinux, but nothing has changed up to now.
>
> Using f14
>
> Thanks for (understable) answers.
> - --
> Franois Patte
> UFR de mathmatiques et informatique
> Universit Paris Descartes
> 45, rue des Saints Pres
> F-75270 Paris Cedex 06
> Tl. +33 (0)1 4286 2145
> http://www.math-info.univ-paris5.fr/~patte

/(_)
^ ^ Jatin Khatri
Registerd Linux user No #501175
www.counter.li.org
No M$

Old 08-05-2011, 01:15 PM
gpe

On 05/08/11 14:02, Franois Patte wrote:
> This works, but poorly: I can add a shares, but only a directory, not a
> printer for instance..
You can share the printers trough cups webinterface.
Open firefox and go to http://localhost:631

> Now I have new problems: I tried to use swat. Installed everything,
> configure everything (xinetd...) but I cannot connect to swat:

Have you followed this tutorial?
http://tiny.cc/vfgkf

--
gpe

Old 08-05-2011, 01:33 PM
Aaron Konstam

On Fri, 2011-08-05 at 15:02 +0200, Franois Patte wrote:
> Le 05/08/2011 12:00, gpe a crit :
> > On 05/08/11 10:53, Franois Patte wrote:
> >
> >> I try to translate:
> >>
> >> Authentication error:
> >>
> >> The permission asked for "org.fedoraproject.config.samba.configure"
> was
> >> not given. The application is going to shut down now.
> >>

> > The text in english is:
> > "The authorization needed for
> 'org.fedoraproject.config.samba.configure'
> > could not be obtained. The application will exit now."
> >
> >> What does this mean? How to solve the problem?
> >>
> > It happens for example if you click cancel on the authentication
> window.
> > You have to enter the root password in the Black popup.
>
> Thank you for answering.
>
> If I cancel the window with this message, nothing happens.
>
> > Alternatively you can open up a terminal, became root with su then
> > system-config-samba
>
> This works, but poorly: I can add a shares, but only a directory, not
> printer for instance..
printers addressed by samba can be added by: system-config-printer

Old 08-05-2011, 08:59 PM
Franois Patte

Le 05/08/2011 15:10, Jatin K a crit :
> On Friday 05 August 2011 06:32 PM, Franois Patte wrote:
> Le 05/08/2011 12:00, gpe a crit :

> Thank you for answering.
>
> If I cancel the window with this message, nothing happens.

> This works, but poorly: I can add a shares, but only a directory, not a
> printer for instance..
>
> Now I have new problems: I tried to use swat. Installed everything,
> configure everything (xinetd...) but I cannot connect to swat:
>
> - with localhost:901, firefox is searching for localhost.com (and fails)
>
> -with "hostname":901, firefox is searching for hostname.com (and faisl)
>
> -with IP:901, I get a message: "connection has been reset... try
> again..." and so on.
>
> The port 901 is open according to system-config-firewall (which I cannot
> access through System>Admin (like system-config-samba...)
>

>> try iptables -F

Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
target prot opt source destination
ACCEPT all -- anywhere anywhere state
RELATED,ESTABLISHED
ACCEPT icmp -- anywhere anywhere
ACCEPT all -- anywhere anywhere
ACCEPT all -- anywhere anywhere
ACCEPT udp -- anywhere anywhere state NEW
udp dpt:ipp
ACCEPT udp -- anywhere anywhere state NEW
udp dpt:netbios-ns
ACCEPT udp -- anywhere anywhere state NEW
udp dpt:netbios-dgm
ACCEPT udp -- anywhere anywhere state NEW
udp dpt:netbios-ns
ACCEPT udp -- anywhere anywhere state NEW
udp dpt:netbios-dgm
ACCEPT tcp -- anywhere anywhere state NEW
tcp dpt:netbios-ssn
ACCEPT tcp -- anywhere anywhere state NEW
tcp dpt:microsoft-ds
ACCEPT tcp -- anywhere anywhere state NEW
tcp dpt:ipp
ACCEPT udp -- anywhere anywhere state NEW
udp dpt:ipp
ACCEPT tcp -- anywhere anywhere state NEW
tcp dpt:ssh
ACCEPT tcp -- anywhere anywhere state NEW
tcp dpt:swat
REJECT all -- anywhere anywhere reject-with
icmp-host-prohibited

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)
target prot opt source destination
ACCEPT all -- anywhere anywhere state
RELATED,ESTABLISHED
ACCEPT icmp -- anywhere anywhere
ACCEPT all -- anywhere anywhere
ACCEPT all -- anywhere anywhere
REJECT all -- anywhere anywhere reject-with
icmp-host-prohibited

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)
target prot opt source destination

So, swat is accepted from and to anywhere....

- --

Old 08-05-2011, 09:15 PM
Pete Travis

This isn't related to your problem, but I see you have gone to a lot of trouble to build specific iptables rules; perhaps an `iptables -P INPUT DROP` is in order?