Old 08-06-2010, 02:09 PM
Aron Xu

Default ubuntu-tweak in new

于 2010年08月06日 21:30, Scott Kitterman 写道:

> As was already commented, the difference is that it presents a list of specific
> PPAs and is not just a generic tool to make adding of PPAs easier for non-
> technical users.
>
> Scott K

Thanks Scott, the ubuntu-tweak author told me he will do the following
two things this weekend and hopefully release a new version of ubuntu-tweak:
1.Make ubuntu-tweak can search and add any Launchpad PPA using Launchpad
API, he'll keep a list of featured PPA, but with a lot of suitable
warnings to help users keep clear about adding a PPA may do harm to
their system.
2.Changing ubuntu-tweak.com to clarify the PPA's link, author and
maintainer, and tell visitors they should go to the respective PPA page
on Launchpad to get the information they really want, and what's on the
site is just a reference.
3.Add more warnings about gconf settings changing options, to help users
keep in mind that some of the settings may let there desktop not doing
what they expect.
4.Add an option to reset gconf settings to system default changed by
user via ubuntu-tweak, or via other way (for example unexpectedly
changed the gconf xmls or edited with gconf-editor). It will also be
able to restore user's settings if present before ubuntu-tweak doing any
change in future development.

Aron Xu