-   -   Requesting help to rebuild packages depending on libjack0 (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-masters-universe/402071-requesting-help-rebuild-packages-depending-libjack0.html)

Luke Yelavich 07-21-2010 09:25 AM

Requesting help to rebuild packages depending on libjack0

Hi all,
With the recent jack transition in Debian, and now in Ubuntu, the shlibs for packages that use jack have changed. At the moment, the vast majority of applications that use jack are uninstallable, due to changing jack library package names. So, we need to rebuild packages that use jack. Here is a rough list taken from apt-cache output. Note that these are binary packages.

pulseaudio-module-jack
xjadeo
mythweather
mythvideo
mythnews
mythnetvision
mythmusic
mythmovies
mythgame
mythgallery
mythbrowser
mplayer-gui
mplayer
idjc
dssi-vst
darkice
avidemux-plugins-common
zynjacku
zynaddsubfx
yoshimi
xmms2-plugin-jack
vlc-plugin-jack
tuxguitar-jack
traverso
timidity
timemachine
terminatorx
stk
specimen
sooperlooper
sndfile-tools
snd-gtk-jack
slv2-jack
silentjack
seq24
rotter
rosegarden
rezound
recordmydesktop
rakarrack
qtractor
qjackctl
qarecord
python-gnuradio-audio-portaudio
python-gnuradio-audio-jack
puredata
potamus
patchage
openmovieeditor
mx44
muse
mpg123
mpd
moc
mhwaveedit
meterbridge
lmms
lives
livemix
liquidsoap
lingot
libstk0c2a
libsndobj2c2
libqmmp-misc
libmyth-0.23-0
libmlt2
libjackasyn0
libfluidsynth1
libcsound64-5.2
libbjack-ocaml
libbio2jack0
libaubio2
liballegro4.2-plugin-jack
lashwrap
ladccad
ladcca-bin
kluppe
klick
jnoise
jkmeter
jdelay
jconvolver
jcgui
japa
jamin
jackmeter
jackeq
jackbeat
jack-tools
jack-rack
jack-jconv
jaaa
ihu
hydrogen
horgand
gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad
gpac
gnusound
gmerlin
galan
freqtweak
freewheeling
freej
freecycle
fmit
ecasound
dssi-host-jack
djplay
composite
classpath
chuck
cheesetracker
calf-plugins
brutefir
bristol
bitmeter
audacious-plugins
aubio-tools
ardour
aqualung
amsynth
ams
ambdec
alsaplayer-jack
aeolus
a2jmidid
libxine1-misc-plugins
libportaudio2
libasound2-plugins

Help from the MOTU community is much appreciated. All of these should be a no-change rebuild. I will take care of the packages in main, portaudio19, pulseaudio, alsa-plugins. I'm also going to start on universe packages, focusing on packages shiped in UbuntuStudio, so we can get buildable disks for studio ASAP.

If someone wants to track these on a wiki/bug somewhere, feel free to do so. Since I have other things to attend to, I don't have the time to do that right now, but I should have the packages in main taken care of shortly.

Thanks all in advance.

Luke Yelavich 07-21-2010 09:34 AM

On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 11:25:03AM CEST, Luke Yelavich wrote:
> Hi all,
> With the recent jack transition in Debian, and now in Ubuntu, the shlibs for packages that use jack have changed. At the moment, the vast majority of applications that use jack are uninstallable, due to changing jack library package names. So, we need to rebuild packages that use jack. Here is a rough list taken from apt-cache output. Note that these are binary packages.

Slight correction, some of these packages are still installable, however in order to be used with jackd2, they still need to be rebuilt.

Luke

Onkar Shinde 07-22-2010 05:23 AM

On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 3:04 PM, Luke Yelavich <themuso@ubuntu.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 11:25:03AM CEST, Luke Yelavich wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> With the recent jack transition in Debian, and now in Ubuntu, the shlibs for packages that use jack have changed. At the moment, the vast majority of applications that use jack are uninstallable, due to changing jack library package names. So, we need to rebuild packages that use jack. Here is a rough list taken from apt-cache output. Note that these are binary packages.
>

> Slight correction, some of these packages are still installable, however in order to be used with jackd2, they still need to be rebuilt.

I have a doubt here.
Should these rebuilds be done against jackd2, in which case we will
probably need to change the libjack*-dev package in build-depends?
OR
Should we just do no-change rebuild to build these packages against jackd1?

Please clarify.

Onkar

Luke Yelavich 07-22-2010 06:19 AM

On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 07:23:02AM CEST, Onkar Shinde wrote:
> I have a doubt here.
> Should these rebuilds be done against jackd2, in which case we will
> probably need to change the libjack*-dev package in build-depends?
> OR
> Should we just do no-change rebuild to build these packages against jackd1?

We are doing no-change rebuilds to build the packages against jack1. Debian is rebuilding everthing against jack1, but allowing them to be used with either jac1 or jack2, so thatsw what is being done in Ubuntu. The no-change rebuild only changes how the package depends on libjack. It depends on the library for libjack2 or the library for libjack1.

Hope this helps clear things up

Luke

Reinhard Tartler 07-25-2010 07:27 PM

On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 08:19:16 (CEST), Luke Yelavich wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 07:23:02AM CEST, Onkar Shinde wrote:
>> I have a doubt here.
>> Should these rebuilds be done against jackd2, in which case we will
>> probably need to change the libjack*-dev package in build-depends?
>> OR
>> Should we just do no-change rebuild to build these packages against jackd1?
>
> We are doing no-change rebuilds to build the packages against jack1. Debian is rebuilding everthing against jack1, but allowing them to be used with either jac1 or jack2, so thatsw what is being done in Ubuntu. The no-change rebuild only changes how the package depends on libjack. It depends on the library for libjack2 or the library for libjack1.
>
> Hope this helps clear things up

While doing that, please ensure that the packages build depends on
libjack-dev. In case it build depends on libjack-0.100-dev or something,
please change it to libjack-dev.

--
Gruesse/greetings,
Reinhard Tartler, KeyID 945348A4