Old 01-17-2008, 05:36 PM
"Helge Stenström"

Default ghc6 dependency problem

Please advice me if this is directed to the wrong people.

The latest ghc6 is 6.6.1-2ubuntu2, but several packages are dependent
on ghc6 (<6.6+). Some of these packages are:
libghc6-gtk-dev
libghc6-cairo-dev
libghc6-gconf-dev
libghc6-glade-dev

Can I do anything about this as a user? When can I expect the package
dependency problem to be solved?

What I actually want to do, is to install libghc6-soegtk-dev, or
anything that let me use SOEGraphics from Paul Hudak's book.

Regards,
Helge Stenström

Old 01-19-2008, 11:07 AM
Stefan Potyra

Hi Helge,

Am Donnerstag 17 Januar 2008 19:36:25 schrieb Helge Stenström:
> Please advice me if this is directed to the wrong people.

That's perfectly right, although bug reports are best served at our
bug-tracker [1].

> The latest ghc6 is 6.6.1-2ubuntu2,

you're running gutsy, right?

> but several packages are dependent
> on ghc6 (<6.6+). Some of these packages are:
> libghc6-gtk-dev
> libghc6-cairo-dev
> libghc6-gconf-dev
> libghc6-glade-dev
>
> Can I do anything about this as a user? When can I expect the package
> dependency problem to be solved?

Looking at [2], this bug should be fixed in gutsy-updates. Do you have
gutsy-updates enabled in your /etc/apt/sources.list for the universe
component?

Cheers,
Stefan.
--