-   -   erlang-base package has hash sum mismatch (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-masters-universe/400036-erlang-base-package-has-hash-sum-mismatch.html)

John Craig 07-15-2010 11:24 PM

erlang-base package has hash sum mismatch

Hi Folks,

I'm working with Hardy (8.04 LTS), but it seems it may be true
of other versions too.

Not sure who needs to hear about a problem with a broken .deb file to
get it fixed. The only simple work-around (for me) was to copy the .deb
file from a working setup and use that. I tried a number of the
official mirror sites and had no luck with them either (accurate
mirrors, it would seem...).

Here's the command:

aptitude install erlang-base

Here's the error:

E: Failed to fetch
http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/universe/e/erlang/erlang-base_11.b.5dfsg-11_amd64.deb:
Hash Sum mismatch

I recognize that a "universe" package is not supported, per se, but the
file itself is apparently bad (as of last night US Mountain Daylight
Time).

I'd be most grateful for your assistance in fixing this.

Thanks,

AlphaGJohn

Onkar Shinde 07-16-2010 09:05 AM

erlang-base package has hash sum mismatch

On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 4:54 AM, John Craig
<jc-mailinglist@alphagconsulting.com> wrote:
<snip>
> E: Failed to fetch
> http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/universe/e/erlang/erlang-base_11.b.5dfsg-11_amd64.deb:
> Hash Sum mismatch
</snip>

The mirror you are using (us.archive.ubuntu.com) is known to have
problem from time to time. I am not sure why it is still in official
list of mirrors.

Try using some other mirror.

Onkar