Old 06-30-2010, 09:46 AM
Daniel Holbach

Default Help with UDW communication

Hello everybody,

I'll announce the next Ubuntu Developer Week in the next few hours. This
will be a fantastic opportunity for new contributors to learn more about
Ubuntu, its development and get to know the people who work on the
distro every day. It'll be an event happening on IRC, which is where I
need your help.

The session generally happens in #ubuntu-classroom, questions and chat
go to #ubuntu-classroom-chat. As we have some contributors who
understand English, but are not fluent in speaking it, it'd be nice if
those of you who speak another language could hang out in a separate
channel, where those new contributors can ask their questions.

For example am I going to hang out in #ubuntu-classroom-chat-de and
translate upcoming questions to English and forward them to
#ubuntu-classroom-chat.

I think this should be easy to do and a much appreciated gesture towards
new contributors who we actively want to invite.

If you want to help out with the effort, please add yourselves to the
bottom of

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuDeveloperWeek

Thanks a lot in advance!

Have a great day,
Daniel

Old 06-30-2010, 10:03 AM
Andrea Gasparini

Hi,

> For example am I going to hang out in #ubuntu-classroom-chat-de and
> translate upcoming questions to English and forward them to
> #ubuntu-classroom-chat.

Probably speakers of mothertongue other than english, can look at the main
classroom and at their classroom-$lang channel as well .

Well, I wouldn't talk for others, but we (warp10,BlackZ and me) can
definitely listen on the -it chan as well.

bye
--
-gaspa-