Old 01-16-2008, 09:35 AM
Daniel Holbach

Default Call for UVF Team volunteers

Hello everybody,

with only four weeks to go until Feature Freeze (Feb 14th), now is a
good time to get the UVF team in place.

I'd like to thank Sarah Hobbs, Søren Hansen, Chuck Short, Steve Kowalik
and Scott Kitterman for their tremendous efforts in the team which
helped to shape the Gutsy release!

If you're interested in working in the UVF team for the Hardy cycle,
please reply to this email. Nominations will be accepted until Jan 23rd,
10 UTC. For each nominee a poll will be set up in Launchpad. The five
with the most 'Yes' votes minus 'No' votes will be accepted in the team.

Have a nice day,
Daniel

Old 01-16-2008, 09:43 AM
Luke Yelavich

Old 01-16-2008, 09:43 AM
Luke Yelavich

Old 01-18-2008, 05:40 AM
Martin Pitt

Hi,

Daniel Holbach [2008-01-16 11:35 +0100]:
> with only four weeks to go until Feature Freeze (Feb 14th), now is a
> good time to get the UVF team in place.

Since UVF does not exist any more, but the term keeps coming up and
confuses people, can we please change the description of this team as
well? Like "MOTU release managers" or so?

The purpose is to approve/reject feature freeze exceptions?

Martin

--
Martin Pitt http://www.piware.de
Ubuntu Developer http://www.ubuntu.com

Old 01-18-2008, 06:34 AM
Daniel Holbach

On Fr, 2008-01-18 at 07:40 +0100, Martin Pitt wrote:
> Since UVF does not exist any more, but the term keeps coming up and
> confuses people, can we please change the description of this team as
> well? Like "MOTU release managers" or so?

I have nothing against the idea of MOTU release managers and I'm about
to discuss it with Steve Langasek, but I think I'd prefer if this team
was motu-ff (if the other name is too confusing). The responsibility of
the team just triaging FF exceptions is high enough.

> The purpose is to approve/reject feature freeze exceptions?

Yes, it deals with everything below
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FreezeExceptionProcess#head-9523bc4076ff011324d67cddc97969ec609618d6

Have a nice day,
Daniel